Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much deliberation, I finally took the plunge and had my suspension upgraded by Paul at MPE Caloundra. MPE do an amazing job and my bike is now complete. I wasn't happy with having to wind up my factory settings and now have a bike that is ready to tackle some serious off road and can comfortably take my wife for a pleasant ride on a weekend. The front fender (high lift from ADV Camel), is fantastic, sits nicely at 120km no vibrations and certainly does not affect handling in any way.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
After much deliberation, I finally took the plunge and had my suspension upgraded by Paul at MPE Caloundra. MPE do an amazing job and my bike is now complete. I wasn't happy with having to wind up my factory settings and now have a bike that is ready to tackle some serious off road and can comfortably take my wife for a pleasant ride on a weekend. The front fender (high lift from ADV Camel), is fantastic, sits nicely at 120km no vibrations and certainly does not affect handling in any way.
Couple of questions if you don't mind.

Which fender/shock guards did you end up using?
How's the bike at speed with the new fender? 100-120kmh-ish?

I love the way this looks, plus I'll never have to worry about the factory front fender packing with junk.

I honestly believe this is the way Honda should have done it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks sharp. Haven't had time to put my high fender kit on from camel ADV.
Still waiting for the black fork guards to come in.

What LED lights do you have mounted there and are they working for you?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the KTM front fork protectors, same as ADV Camel suggest on their web page. I couldn't buy them here in OZ, they were purchased on e-bay Acerbis Lower Fork Guards White KTM 105 SX 2004-2011. Took about two weeks to arrive. I then grinned off the cable plug on left cover and filled it with bog so I could then cover the patch with the decal. I didn't like the plug sticking out from the guard (fussy).

I use the Honda UFO fender. Part number HO03632#041

Please note that I used the white guard and fender so the part numbers may be different.

The decals come from Kustom MX shop in Gold Coast. Ask for Chris, he has produced a number of these decals now for the AT.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Camel ADV

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used the Komy lights (2allbuyer) - check out their web pages and reports.
http://www.farklemyride.com/auxiliary-motorcycle-3000-lumen-led-lights-by-cree-aka-komy-lights

These lights have been on my KTM 990, Yamaha Tenere and now Honda AT. They are exceptionally bright, use very little amps, and extremely well made without the price tag of some other expensive brands that put out far less lumens!

I highly recommend this brand, the company is excellent to deal with and will answer any questions that you may have.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no difference to handling performance at speeds with high fender. I did the same application to my KTM 990 and also found that the high fender did not affect handling at any speeds.

Reactions: Camel ADV

·
Registered
121 Posts
"The decals come from Kustom MX shop in Gold Coast. Ask for Chris, he has produced a number of these decals now for the AT"

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Chris - I have a Tri-Colour and have often wondered what it would look like with this conversion. I have a seen a few, but none look as good as this one. I have the Camel Tank and have looked at the fender kit, I think I will make this happen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Chris,

Do you remember the site where you bought the Acerbis fork guards?

The customer service at Camel has been simply outstanding, Corey has been brilliant, he has suggested the KTM SMR fender which I will have to touch up the orange bits in black but I think will be worth it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I want the high fender kit and you'res looks awesome. My concern is with the high finder is the factory radiator guards up to the job, there not very substantial imho. Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts