Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed the Camel High Fender Kit with a KTM short fender. Install went smoothly no real issues just a couple of discrepancies with the install video but nothing that anyone couldn’t figure out. Probably the two kinda problematic areas was hooking the hose up to the main hardline on the steering column (just a cramped area to work in and see). And too the pain of bleeding new lines on dual calipers. But all and all pretty easy and straight forward install with parts that works and fit perfectly...

Attachments

Reactions: james.mc

·
Super Moderator
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I’d like to straighten out the pics but the server just automatically turns them back that way, so just tilt your head

·
Registered
46 Posts
Installed the Camel High Fender Kit with a KTM short fender. Install went smoothly no real issues just a couple of discrepancies with the install video but nothing that anyone couldn’t figure out. Probably the two kinda problematic areas was hooking the hose up to the main hardline on the steering column (just a cramped area to work in and see). And too the pain of bleeding new lines on dual calipers. But all and all pretty easy and straight forward install with parts that works and fit perfectly...
That is great. Think the bike should come that way from Honda.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can u post a pic of the left fork so i can see how that kits brakelines run and look. I put an altrider kit on mine and im curious to see yours, i do like the way they connect on back of fender altriders kit doesnot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can u post a pic of the left fork so i can see how that kits brakelines run and look. I put an altrider kit on mine and im curious to see yours, i do like the way they connect on back of fender altriders kit doesnot

Both sides are the same - bracket on caliper up to fender then they connect to the milled aluminum block that the fender connects to, it acts as the crossover point and connects the two lines together...

Install video here if you’re interested: https://youtu.be/Lq0DzS3xZ8c

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks wanted to see abs line also, that works for me

The ABS live is just ran along & clipped to the left brake line, except at the very bottom on the bracket it has its own rubberized J loop it runs through.

·
Super Moderator
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, mine comes out and then its just ran up with brakeline no bracket

Hey,

Is that vinyl wrap carbon fiber on your forks or are they sleeves?
Pretty sweet looking !

·
Super Moderator
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A couple more pimp pieces on mine, some wing nuts for the forks (lol got a red set too, couldn’t decide) and a foot for my side stand...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts

Got my fork guard decals today

Could you share more pictures?
Where did you get the decals from?

I have a red AT and am thinking of the white fender kit. I just haven't seen many pictures of this setup out there.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea the “camel” kit is kinda nice too, because you can mix n match fork guards and fenders. Different types and colors. Really almost any fender especially if you don’t mind re-drilling the mounting holes but it is a “standard” four bolt pattern, you just would have to watch the length out the back. I also liked that the distribution block is also the mounting block for the fender, not to mention Galfer braided brake lines....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts