Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, we have been around for about a YEAR already! I think its about time we get a high mileage sound off thread started! Post how much mileage you have and any major services you had to do in that amount of time (tires and oil excluded). As the bikes get older we can start other threads for different mileage brackets. One for 10k then 20k then 30k ECT.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Maybe a moderator can add a poll to this thread for a long-term count of kilometres/miles on members' bikes.

Reactions: Dakota Morgan

·
Registered
114 Posts
1st owner... June 2016 2k miles

I'm the 2nd owner since September
I'm at 6000 now
600 mile service... done
4000 oil change... done
( I don't believe in 8k mile oil changes )

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can't imagine high milage been an issue for the power plant used in this bike,it's very unstressed and reasonably lazy in the way it makes its power. Most owners of this sort of bike aren't going to ride it flat out that often which will help in its longevity.

My mates dad still has an original 1997 Blackbird with over 130k miles on it and it still runs like a Swiss watch,and it's had some abuse over the years,and still to this day would scare the life out of most super cars. If the new AT engine lasts like this most owners would be more than happy.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I can't imagine high milage been an issue for the power plant used in this bike,it's very unstressed and reasonably lazy in the way it makes its power. Most owners of this sort of bike aren't going to ride it flat out that often which will help in its longevity.

My mates dad still has an original 1997 Blackbird with over 130k miles on it and it still runs like a Swiss watch,and it's had some abuse over the years,and still to this day would scare the life out of most super cars. If the new AT engine lasts like this most owners would be more than happy.
I agree with Q-Ball, the power plant is a major factor, and for those that don't do regular servicing, remember just as important is Clean Air, Clean Fuel & Clean Oil.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I agree with Q-Ball, the power plant is a major factor, and for those that don't do regular servicing, remember just as important is Clean Air, Clean Fuel & Clean Oil.
I agree with you guys. I meant it to be more of a nostalgic "hey look how miles ive got" type a deal. These motors should go forever! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm on about 19,000km I think.

Mainly from one trip and I am battling about if I can keep her because I'm trying to get my business off the ground. It's really hard when you've had such an adventure with your dream bike.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, I received my dct on June 05 2016, real good summer riding year, but we had a real poor fall riding season, did very little in October, November. I have just over 15000 kms on it now, just came back from a ride in California, had 10day's off, loaded the bikes in the truck drove to Redding CA, unloaded and had a excellent ride, about 70% back roads, dirt, poor pavement, and some rain on last day, some snow on some passes .
Great end of winter brake. We are having a poor spring here as well still 3ft [100cm] snow in the front yard, last year we were riding by now.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Done 110000 km in 14 months, due to bad weather I rode them in 9 months in fact.
Gone do 4500 more in teh first week of april.
No problems.
Bought myself new stainless steel spokes, a SC-projects exhaust, and some more funny stuf.

By the way, I did the kilometers on TKC 70 tyres. They are only half way now, but I will have them changed by Mitas E07 (a bit more knobby)

Bart - Belgium

·
Registered
329 Posts
Have any of you done a valve check? Mine is tapping a bit at idle and the valves are probably due.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts