Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m excited to be here!

Has anyone found Highway pegs that don’t require crash bars for a 2017 DCT?

I’m planning on getting bars at some point this year but am hoping to tak a long trip before that and would love to find a leg stretch option. I’m 6’5

Could someone point me toward a Tall guy thread?

Thanks!

· Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
662 Posts
I am 6'5" and I often sit on the passenger seat to stretch out my legs. Might not be an option if you have loaded this area with luggage... or a passenger. My second, well sometimes first, option is to just stand up. I have done my whole commute standing and it is a great way to stretch you legs. It is also a very cheap mod;).

Reactions: Sled

· Premium Member
901 Posts
Gotta watch since Standing up is illegal in some US states and Countries, need to be seated, otherwise you might get fined, depends on LEO's mood :rolleyes:

· Registered
2023 Africa Twin 1100 manual (on backorder)
218 Posts
I am 6'5" and I often sit on the passenger seat to stretch out my legs. Might not be an option if you have loaded this area with luggage... or a passenger. My second, well sometimes first, option is to just stand up. I have done my whole commute standing and it is a great way to stretch you legs. It is also a very cheap mod;).
Yup, standing works best, shake ya bum a lil to get bloodflow in the legs going again. Also a fan of throwing it back on the passenger seat.

If it's really boring straight ish roads I also like to sit perpendicular (both legs on one side of the bike) or cross legged (put one leg on the saddle, under your bum). Do not recommend doing this in traffic though.

Gotta watch since Standing up is illegal in some US states and Countries, need to be seated, otherwise you might get fined, depends on LEO's mood :rolleyes:

In the Netherlands we have what's called the "anti fun law", or better known as "article 5" which cops can randomly hand out for everything they deem "dangerous". Standing, sitting, doing wheelies, burnouts, riding without hands all go under that category; most cops however don't care at all if you're not pulling a wheelie with 100kph past them.

· Registered
989 Posts
I’m excited to be here!

Has anyone found Highway pegs that don’t require crash bars for a 2017 DCT?

I’m planning on getting bars at some point this year but am hoping to tak a long trip before that and would love to find a leg stretch option. I’m 6’5

Could someone point me toward a Tall guy thread?

Thanks!
Check out the web for the (Polish I think) guy with an NC 750x who goes through all the mods he has made for touring. He's got highway pegs fitted. Can't find it myself at the moment but if I do I'll post it.

· Premium Member
901 Posts
I had this DIY setup on my Vstrom, 22mm handlebar + Vstrom rear pegs inserted...it was a good idea and worked great, until I dropped the bike :D
Not sure if you could rig something like that to AT without the crash bars?
Automotive tire Crankset Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Bicycle part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts