Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back to my bike today after work — 6pm — only to find the right side Honda pannier completely smashed in, scraped right peg, scuff on the Altrider lower crash bars, and gouges out of the bar end weight and guard. Lucky the whole bike didn't go over onto the sidestand. And given how hard he must have hit, I suspect the transmission would be trashed if I didn't have the crash bars.

Based on the white paint and the height of the bar damage, I'm assuming it was a delivery van. Of course the a**hole didn't leave a note. I was right in front of a Chinese restaurant (park there pretty much every day) but despite heavy foot traffic I guess no one saw anything. They do have cameras though (3 on the street where it happened), so I will drop in tomorrow to see if they'll let me go through them.

Anyway, if anyone is selling some OEM panniers, I'm in the market.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry dude. That's a special sort of assholery. :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
I asked several businesses to look through their camera footage when some AH maliciously damaged my Street Triple. None of them would unless asked by the police...some BS about privacy. This is in Sydney, Australia with zero interest from the cops other than to file a report for insurance. I'd be interested to see how you go in the States.

You'd love to catch one of these wankers in the act wouldn't you? I always think vengeance is preferable to justice in these cases.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I spent a half an hour today in the upstairs office of the Chinese restaurant. Unfortunately it was as I thought; the camera pointing in the right direction was just too far away to see when the bike was hit, because the damage was hard to see until you got close. Thus there was no way to determine which of the many white vans that pulled into that space was the one that did the damage (if the bike had fallen over it would have been easy to determine). It was very nice of them to go through the video with me though.

I ordered another pannier. Luckily BikeBandit carries the individual ones and they don't really charge more than 1/2 the price of the pair.

I guess the only thing left to do know is post some reward posters and see if anyone gets in touch.

·
Registered
295 Posts
How about getting details of all the White vans and then going to have a look to see which one has damage matching yours?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How about getting details of all the White vans and then going to have a look to see which one has damage matching yours?
There were at least a dozen, and most did not have company graphics on the side that would identify them. The license plates were not readable from the camera recording.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts