Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
I have the Holan bars - very happy with them. Quality finish and good fit. Although I didn't get any fitting instructions they are pretty easy to fit.

They mount to the front lower engine mount bolt, and the radiator mount points and horn mount point, they also have a mount to the frame behind the headlight.

Not sure if the pics help, if you need some close up shots just let me know.

BTW: If you also get the Holan engine bars, the right side front mounts to a lower frame mount and the left side shares the same mount point as the left crash bar.

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Nessy!
Thanks exactly what I needed to know. And the plus side is, you got the same color bike as me, and I was wondering what the black bar on black would look like.

While we're here. What spot light are those and where did you splice to get power from?
Thanks again.
The lights are also from Holan - I took a feed from the aux power outlet behind the front cowl.

See attached pic from another forum

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics. You don't reckon the radiator mount points could cause damage to the radiators in the event of a drop? I'm trying to decide whether to go with the sport or pro version.
Doubt it very much - the left side uses the horn mount and the right side uses an additional plate that bolts in front of the radiator mounts and uses the radiator mount holes.

The main mount points are the engine mounts and the mounts to the frame under the headlight, I think these points would bear most of the brunt in the event of a drop/crash.

True Ad Venture, see attached.

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Nessy - how do you rate the chances of being able to remove the sidepanels to access air filter etc, while the Pro crash bars are installed? Mute point for me though, as I have already ttaken the plunge and ordered the complete Holan kit, ie Engine Bars, Headlight Protectors and Pro Crashbars.
I wouldn't even chance it with the bars fixed - that being said, I reckon it would only take a couple of mins to loosen the lower mount, remove the rad and frame mounts and the bars will pull forward out of the way of the plastic panels.

Probably the same for the OEM, Touratech and Hepco & Becker bars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.