Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Nessy - how do you rate the chances of being able to remove the sidepanels to access air filter etc, while the Pro crash bars are installed? Mute point for me though, as I have already ttaken the plunge and ordered the complete Holan kit, ie Engine Bars, Headlight Protectors and Pro Crashbars.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I haven't made up my mind about the bats yet, by Ive taken the covers off. With only 2cm room, it'll def be a tight squeeze getting it out. You can undo all the bolts and clips,l tho it looks like.

· Registered
21 Posts
Nessy - how do you rate the chances of being able to remove the sidepanels to access air filter etc, while the Pro crash bars are installed? Mute point for me though, as I have already ttaken the plunge and ordered the complete Holan kit, ie Engine Bars, Headlight Protectors and Pro Crashbars.
I wouldn't even chance it with the bars fixed - that being said, I reckon it would only take a couple of mins to loosen the lower mount, remove the rad and frame mounts and the bars will pull forward out of the way of the plastic panels.

Probably the same for the OEM, Touratech and Hepco & Becker bars.

· Registered
11 Posts
I have the Holan bars - very happy with them. Quality finish and good fit. Although I didn't get any fitting instructions they are pretty easy to fit.

They mount to the front lower engine mount bolt, and the radiator mount points and horn mount point, they also have a mount to the frame behind the headlight.

Not sure if the pics help, if you need some close up shots just let me know.

BTW: If you also get the Holan engine bars, the right side front mounts to a lower frame mount and the left side shares the same mount point as the left crash bar.
Hi Nessy

Saw that you installed the 4XLED as well. How are they? Is it the MID or Work version?

· Registered
22 Posts
Bad experience with Holan

I wrote a huge post a week ago but it seems to have been lost in cyberspace so I'll write a summary:

-Bought upper and lower AT Holan crash bars
-Needed to fit them ASAP as I had a tour planned
-Asked how long it would take to ship to UK, and after emailing them several times, was finally told 5 working days
-After 5 working days, sent more emails and was told "end of next week"
-tour cancelled (not coming back to UK so didn't want to leave without them)
-Two weeks later, email asking if I can get a tracking number. Eventually get a reply saying they haven't even been dispatched yet
-Had to drive back to Italy (where I live) without them. Emailed Holan demanding they send it to my Italian address. No reply
-A week later the bars show up in a pretty sorry-looking box:

(note that I didn't cut any of this cardboard. That is how it was, as they used old greasy dirty cardboard to cushion the bars. I'm glad they recycle, but maybe avoid using gross cardboard next time!)

-Assess the contents, and immediately see parts are missing:

(yes, I checked the wreckage several times for lost pieces. They were definitely just not included)

-Email Holan twice asking for them to send the missing parts, no replies.

Should have gone with the Hepco and Becker. Their service was impeccable.

By the way, to anybody who has fitted them, some instructions (including which bolts go where) would be awesome. I don't want to dethread anything.

· Registered
1 Posts
Colors

I have the Holan bars - very happy with them. Quality finish and good fit. Although I didn't get any fitting instructions they are pretty easy to fit.

They mount to the front lower engine mount bolt, and the radiator mount points and horn mount point, they also have a mount to the frame behind the headlight.

Not sure if the pics help, if you need some close up shots just let me know.

BTW: If you also get the Holan engine bars, the right side front mounts to a lower frame mount and the left side shares the same mount point as the left crash bar.
I love the colors of this bike, black seat, red side covers. In the US we have black/wht/red seat with black side covers. Is this a custom AT or something unique to Australia? See post #4 for picture.

· Registered
15 Posts
I have had several items off Holan, including crash bars. They are excellent at dealing with emails but on occasion delivery dates are missed. They used to manufacture for Touratech (could still do). Quality is good and I have had the Nomada (spelling) Pro panniers on three different bikes. Just have to buy the mounting rails.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.