Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mounted one side of my finished pannier rack so I could mount tubes. One is about 22” and fits my fishing rod the other is matched to my tire iron/bead breaker maybe 17” long. I’ll use that for a tool roll.
Not a bad job at all.

Actually, since I bought by ATAS I was thinking how nice it would be if the pannier rack manufacturers like Motech etc would offer racks that would be symetrical, allowing space on the left side for tool boxes etc. It would definitely increase the width of the bike but , ok , let the buyer decide.

My usual travelling requires me to carry panniers 2 -3 times per year....but tools and spare tubes I need each and every time I go out. So I could live with the wider panniers set-up, enjoying the benefits of having tool storage space.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I built the racks to be symmetrical, starting on the exhaust side, with about 1" of clearance. I have seen commercial racks with a box option and/or room for a tube. It was here perhaps that I got the idea to make a tube of ABS and use a DWV test cap on it. Secure and water tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts