Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to https://powersports.honda.com/2019/africa-twin/build.aspx and went thru the choices of year model(manual or dct) color for the Adventure Sport DCT. When I got to accessories there was nothing listed. Going back for the Africa Twin not adventure model I found all those accesoreies and option that hand been on the site since the bike was introduced in 2017.

BUT there was another site

http://shop.powersports.honda.com/c...venture_africa-twin-adventure-sports-dct_2019

That did have honda accessories such as the foot shifter ,center stand,passenger pegs and low seat for the adventure sport dct. That site has a direct payment pages where you could put in your credit card information and address which indicates to me that it would be shipped to the owner directly.

My question is are those official honda option only user installs now. Or can you order them thru honda america and have them installed at the dealer. Its not a big problem I know how to work tools and the instructions do not look that bad. I just hate having to pay those dealer labor charges if I do not have to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I go on eBay and they have pretty much everything for your bike. You install. Don.
Thanks but that was not my question. I was asking weather those accessories (for the adventure sport) are not order able from honda directly or are they customer installs only.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,985 Posts
Thanks but that was not my question. I was asking weather those accessories (for the adventure sport) are not order able from honda directly or are they customer installs only.
I think it’s a pricing thing with Honda they seem to want to keep the price down, especially in the US... lol they don’t even offer/give a tool kit with the bike here, all we get it one .20¢ Screwdriver and an Allen/hex wrench. So it seems they are kind both, order at Honda to take or give back to the dealer and have them install but to try and keep it off the bottom line of the purchase price of the bike. To me it seems they wanted to keep the AT at a certain maximum price and the AS must be at the very top of that range. - But that’s just my guess.........

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would think it very odd if genuine Honda accessories could not be ordered via a dealership. How they are fitted is up tho the bike owner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would think it very odd if genuine Honda accessories could not be ordered via a dealership. How they are fitted is up tho the bike owner.
I thought it was strange also. That you could not put the genuine Honda accesories like the centerstand and the footshifter on that order page. You can for the regular AT but not for the ATAS. But that other site had all those part and when you choose them it looked like they had an order page when you could use your credit card to have them directly delivered to yourself!!!!.

I am assuming that the order page at powersports.honda. takes your info and send it to the dealership nearest your address. Then you make the deal directly with that dealer.

But when I got to the ATAS orderpage and wanted some accessories it did not let me order anything just had a big red NEXT button. The next screen showed you the MSRP for the ATAS and then started asking you for your info.

I hope this makes what I said previously clearer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts