Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Honda adventure roads

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Davy F 
#1 ·
#3 ·
This would be epic!
The only addition I would like to see is a damage waiver insurance. Charge me an extra 500 EU and I walk away from anything except abuse.
The riding sounds technical, and I would be pretty unhappy if I got dinged for a broken body panel caused by a tip over that was truly accidental (as apposed to riding above my skill level, or handing someone my beer and saying "Watch This!")

I would love to do a Honda sponsored ride here in North America. :)

#4 ·
The only addition I would like to see is a damage waiver insurance. Charge me an extra 500 EU and I walk away from anything except abuse.
The riding sounds technical, and I would be pretty unhappy if I got dinged for a broken body panel caused by a tip over that was truly accidental (as apposed to riding above my skill level, or handing someone my beer and saying "Watch This!")
Agreed. Accidents can happen and even some of the more silly ones can be expensive. That was one option I liked about the Thailand Tour my wife and I were looking at. Without the waiver, the rider is responsible for the first $2500 in damage, but you can pay an additional $350 to remove that responsibility. Likely nothing will happen, but if even one of us drops a bike during the tour, we will be happy we spent the money for the peace of mind.

I guess they first one in 2017 did a 3500km trip from Olso to Nordkapp and in 2019 it was 3700km from Durban to Cape Town.

Maybe I will keep an eye out for where they are headed in 2023.

#5 ·
This would be epic!
handing someone my beer and saying "Watch This!")

:)
I fail to see just HOW anything COULD go wrong..

A few beers a perfect natural ramp over a Icelandic volcano, a brand new AT...

sounds like a win - win situation to me.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Yep,
Harley has events around the country to attract both present users and potential purchasers/users. There are even Honda Goldwing events almost for the same purpose(s) but, Honda does not put them on, they're independent. I think it would be outstanding if Honda were to stage an event here in the States that would be strictly an AFRICA TWIN event, and no SIDE BY SIDES!!!!!!!! Heck, I'd even travel for that one.
Scott

#9 ·
Yep,
Harley has events around the country to attract both present users and potential purchasers/users. There are even Honda Goldwing events almost for the same purpose(s) but, Honda does not put them on, they're independent. I think it would be outstanding if Honda were to stage an event here in the States that would be strictly an AFRICA TWIN event, and no SIDE BY SIDES!!!!!!!! Heck, I'd even travel for that one.
Scott
Not by Honda but for the AT..

#8 ·
I got to go to a Polaris dealer day demo up to Milford lake. Polaris had all the current competition ATV's plus their own to ride and compare too.

The Honda rancher 420 with power steering did the 2nd best for me, but whatever Polaris model I compared it to blew the Honda away in comfort.

#17 · (Edited)
Cuchulainn said:
I think most states are considering it as such? Trailheads around me are absolutely jam packed. Probably more social distancing going on at the mall than the trailheads. But I think tent sites are at least 6" apart and open air.
No wonder (6") they are absolutely jam packed. I reckon everyone puts on a mask and rubber suit. Fun times. At least the bugs won't bite through rubber.

#18 ·
This mask stuff sucks BIGTIME! Sure will be glad when this stuff's over with.
Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.