Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has fitted either the OEM panniers (with the mounts) or some aftermarket panniers to the standard bike with good success. I like the look of the standard version, and thought I'd see what the options are like. I prefer hard panniers, but soft panniers with easy access while they are on the bike would work too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought Bumot pannier racks which accept all their different size hard panniers as well as their Xtremada locking soft panniers. The reason I went with them is they cut out the right side around the muffler for a tight and narrow fit and the idea of having both hard and soft luggage appeals to me. I already have their mounts on my T7 along with Xtremada bags so I'll be able to use the same bags on either it or my AT1100. I did run into a problem that Bumot US wasn't even aware of, and that is mounting the pannier racks on a basic AT1100 requires having Honda's factory rear luggage rack on (which comes standard on the AS). which I did not have. So I ordered the Honda luggage rack which I have received and it's bright silver, I'm now trying to decide whether to mount it as is on my matte black AT, or paint it black first.
I don't mind having the luggage rack as it'll be convenient on longer rides for carrying my Drybag and tent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts