Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Finally pulled the trigger and got myself an ATAS '18 model. Being 6'5 it was definitely the best fit and have been loving it since.

I have a quick question about top boxes - I want to get a Givi top box - ideally the TREKKER OUTBACK 42. I am sooo confused at what plates and additional parts I need to get for this box. I'm not entirely sure if I need the SR1161 rack as well e.t.c.

I was hoping someone might have already been through this and could help me realise what I might need to buy?! Or even point me to a thread they know. (Did search for one but couldn't see any relevant)

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same top box and going to buy this kit to fit my givi trekker,the plate is m9 .https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/givi-sr1161-top-case-rack-honda-africa-twin-adventure-sports-2018-2019?sku_id=1329650

·
Registered
193 Posts
I purchased this:

And this:

I have it on my Givi Trekker 52 and it is absolutely rock solid. I have had zero issues and it is premium kit. Going on three years now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Could I see some pictures of how the adapter kit fits please ?

I’ve gone 2020 & 2021 with no top box & anytime I need storage - I end up on another bike. Ridiculous

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hear you on the complexity issue. But GIVI has it sorted out. Have a look at the installation instructions as they show it all really well and tell you the part numbers. I wanted to order it from the cheapest place (online) but ended up going into a local GIVI dealer and just buying the plate from him and getting confirmation on what other parts I needed. With the 2020 atas I needed a rear frame part that had a part number I just could not get online. Supply chain issues. In the end it was not that much more $$$ to goto a dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies! Crazy to me its so convoluted but im sure it makes them more money so they don't care. Will probably just cave and buy the SR1161 and fit it myself out of pure spite to not give anyone else my money. Will likely do it in stages as the part + adapter plate is £200 then the boxes are an extra £200+ :sick:. Better end up having this bike for at least 10 years lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,636 Posts
Thanks for your replies! Crazy to me its so convoluted but im sure it makes them more money so they don't care. Will probably just cave and buy the SR1161 and fit it myself out of pure spite to not give anyone else my money. Will likely do it in stages as the part + adapter plate is £200 then the boxes are an extra £200+ :sick:. Better end up having this bike for at least 10 years lol.
At least you can carry the boxes and baseplate with you on future bikes (my Givi-compatible boxes and baseplate have moved across three Hondas over the years). The adapter plate will remain unique with the bike.

Welcome to the Forum @beardo92!

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is all very true DoubleThump, investment thoughts! I'll probably grab the SR1161 and fit it over the Xmas break as the video looks, well... terrifying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts