Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I emailed Honda with a warranty question and was directed to the Polish site since I purchased the bike there.
Does anyone know if I have to first go through the country of origin?
I've had difficulty with this dealership and don't have much faith in their maintenance dept.
Maybe I should take the bike to another Honda, but I don't feel I should be forced to ride to another town for warranty work on a new bike.
I posted before asking if anyone agreed my front brake line was twisted and it surely was from the factory until I noticed. The mechanic turned it around and when I asked about replacement he said it would be fine. Anyone who knows about hydraulic lines knows they are not designed to flex that way and I'm not taking a chance with a critical part.
I could use it as a reason to purchase better lines which all bikes could use anyway, but it kind of annoying to be here on a brand new bike. After the fix my hose s retains a nasty kink.
Before and after you can see the kink and how the abs line follows the correct curve.

Sorry, don't know why the photo rotated upon upload.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fix

Take 2 black cable straps and fix this by yourself (I think it would be much more efficient than to strugle with Honda about such peanuts).

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take 2 black cable straps and fix this by yourself (I think it would be much more efficient than to strugle with Honda about such peanuts).
The idea that asking a manufacturer to replace/repair a factory defect would be a "struggle" is deplorable and certainly would not earn said manufacturer a good customer service reputation.
I am not concerned as much with aesthetics, (though it would be justifiable is I were); this is the main front brake line and a permanently bent hydraulic hose could fail giving a motorcycle complete front brake failure.

This is literally the definition of an easy warranty decision; inexpensive part, easy to replace, imminent failure that could lead to death. No brainer. If this is the level of customer service accepted by riders I will be happy to stay in the used market for the remainder of my purchases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts