Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 months after a claim for oxidising spokes, I'm still waiting for Honda to think of a way to fix the problem.
New switch waiting to be fitted too.
It seems all through this forum all bike issues are leaving people unhappy with the response. Perhaps a thread on how people view Honda's customer service experience might be worth creating and sharing, after all we are the people who are paying for, and will make this bike either a legend or a lemon.
I love my Africa Twin by the way but have never experienced any after service like this and I swapped to Honda from Bmw for their reputation as well as product.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My experience of Honda service is total pants.
Came from Bmw. Service was excellent.
Been messed about since February regarding a refund for heated grips.
We're changed twice but never were any warmer.
Guy Richard mc givern I was dealing with is a total messer
He said months ago ,ok we will do a refund to u.
Cheque will be in the post.
I thought ok but how do u know how much I paid.
Richard now doesn't come to the phone.
Anybody else I deal with says I need too speak to him.
But he never phones back.
Last Friday got a girl Anna who was helpful.
She said I need too send a invoice too them of the cost I paid. Which makes sense.
I can't find it so she was going too phone my dealer.
She never bothered doing that.
And the saga continues on for another week.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Also waiting on something to be done with spokes. Switches replaced 3 times also
And now intermittent starting issues when cold.
The Honda back up is non existent.
Far from impressed with there service.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A few friends have them. All same issues.
One of them cutting out in straight line. It's been left back for a full refund.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well... Honda USA left me at the side of the road during my 'True Adventure' saying

"Oh.. your bike has a Canadian serial number, we can't do anything for you"

Yeah... thanks for that! What if I was going round the world instead of doing a measly 10,000 miles?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Are people having issues with dealerships not willing to do warranty work, or is it that the dealership is willing but Honda USA is unwilling to allow the dealerships to do the work?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well... Honda USA left me at the side of the road during my 'True Adventure' saying

"Oh.. your bike has a Canadian serial number, we can't do anything for you"

Yeah... thanks for that! What if I was going round the world instead of doing a measly 10,000 miles?

Looks like for HONDA, a True Adventure must not happen too far from home... ;-)

In your case, I suppose that the porcedure must involve calling Honda Canada and have them agree with Honda US to help you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ha, I came to Honda from Harley because of problems with the dealers/corporate. Harley's stance seems to be if you walked too close to the bike with a tool in your hands the warranty is no longer valid.

Please keep updating because I'd like to be prepared if I'm going to have to fight for work if needed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Honda USA told me that they would have nothing to do with the bike and that any work done would have to go through Honda Canada, who told me that any work done would have to be done by a Canadian dealer.

So I rode 600 miles north.

My expectation was "yes Jason, of course we'll look after your two month old bike and sort out any nasty paperwork out with our partners (who happen to be under the same company umbrella) in Canada.You wait there and we'll contact the nearest dealer to come and pick you up"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts