Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw one of those new NT1100 DCT's (list price £13399) advertised for £15058 by a dealer. Apparently a cancelled order. Belle Vue Honda (Bikes) Southend on Sea. Saw it in the bikes section of Auto trader yesterday. Is there a waiting list for these I wonder?

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,242 Posts
Just looked and their advert is totally misleading. They say DCT in the blurb yet it is a manual so unless they are showing a picture of a different bike than that should knock £1000 off the price right away. With the extras they have listed it should come out to £13,600. If it is indeed a DCT then £14,600, just taking the pi$$ I think.

·
Super Moderator
8,655 Posts
Misleading or lazy advertisement won't pass mustard on potential purchasing riders who have any grey matter (left) :rolleyes:. Fortunately in Ontario, Canada there is a law against misleading details and it must come out in the wash in clear text on the sale sign (if applicable) and purchase invoice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Misleading or lazy advertisement won't pass mustard on potential purchasing riders who have any grey matter (left) :rolleyes:. Fortunately in Ontario, Canada there is a law against misleading details and it must come out in the wash in clear text on the sale sign (if applicable) and purchase invoice.
Nice one. Although it did work for me in January of this year. Dealer had the bike advertised and priced as a manual. It was DCT. Result.

·
Super Moderator
8,655 Posts
Wow. Free Dealer Preparation charge. :rolleyes:

Is the "Added Dealer Markup" the declaration of gross profit for the unit? (8.3% of MSRP). If so, isn't there a margin between MSRP and what the dealership actually paid for the unit?

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,242 Posts
It is crazy, bad enough the recent ones I have seen advertised here but some of the USA ones I have seen beggar belief.
I don't think I have ever paid list price for a bike in my life, always get them knocked down by varying amounts but then again I have always paid outright, on finance you don't have that option.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow. Free Dealer Preparation charge. :rolleyes:

Is the "Added Dealer Markup" the declaration of gross profit for the unit? (8.3% of MSRP). If so, isn't there a margin between MSRP and what the dealership actually paid for the unit?
I wouldn't presume to call it gross profit (I have no idea how much it costs to operate a dealership but I'm sure its quite costly here in CA) but it's the norm around here to have to pay ~10% over MSRP to cover dealer fees. And yes, the dealer certainly pays less than MSRP for a bike, how much that is I don't know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts