Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

The Japanese manufacturer has revealed that the Africa Twin CRF1000L could be on display at the 2016 Indian Auto Expo.
It came from shifting-gears.com and I'm not quite sure if they are a reliable source. Would be nice to see the AT get more recognition internationally.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Dates for the 2016 Indian Auto Expo are Feb 5-16, 2016, well after the release of the CRF-AT in Europe (4th Quarter 2015). Honda is listed as an exhibitor and would have every good reason to introduce and display the bike to India - if it hadn't already done so. But it wouldn't be "big news".

·
Registered
359 Posts
Haven't heard anything about it but what I do know is the Indian market has been growing allowing for some of the popular bikes sold in more well established markets.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Indian market is probabaly insignificant to Honda right now. Unless they intend to set up local production, the taxes and what not will render it FAR too expensive for most..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just took a look at India's tariffs and taxes. There are so many additional charges compared to other countries, I can't see any non luxury or large company doing very well there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts