Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 problems I've encountered

1st....finding it difficult to close the panniers. They don't seem to line up or seem to be catching. You have to force/slam them closed before you can close the locking tabs. The exhauset side case is the hardest.

2nd....the aluminium finish has a sort of oxidation in certain ares that I can't seem to clean.

Anyone having the same issues & any solution?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
2 problems I've encountered

1st....finding it difficult to close the panniers. They don't seem to line up or seem to be catching. You have to force/slam them closed before you can close the locking tabs. The exhauset side case is the hardest.

2nd....the aluminium finish has a sort of oxidation in certain ares that I can't seem to clean.

Anyone having the same issues & any solution?
Yes the oxidation problem is very bad. They unscrew I think, so I plan to get mine painted
And it can be irritating to get the catches on the side pannier to close, it's usually becuase the key has turned very slightly in the lock even though it's in the open position, and this put the locking lever slighty out of position which means the lid can't close. If you make sure the key is back in the 90degree position you should never have to slam them shut
Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Totally agree with Mike - I find it is gentle fiddling sometimes rather than slamming and often a key position issue, and yes a little upward pressure underneath can help. I wouldn't call them rubbish - well not quite - but they absolutely are not worth the new price - got mine 2nd hand. If I were off roading all over the globe - I would not have them - but for what I do they are OK for me. The oxidation on the aluminium is a shitter - but they do come of easily - had mine off when I first got them.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I guess I’ve been lucky my Honda bags ? work perfect. I do get some oxidation though, to clean I use a fine steel wool that removes he oxidation nicely,then use a spray wax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts