Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have 2020 AT L1. I did just installed OEM rack and I have Givi TRK52B top case (which is monokey).

My question is does Givi M8A or M9A is perfectly compatible with Honda's OEM rack? Does it's bolts fits perfectly or not?

This is the OEM rack:

Givi M8A (The bike on image is AT probably but not sure)

Givi M9A (This is definetely an Africa Twin, but I'm not sure if it fits out of the box or rear rack is OEM one)

·
Registered
2018 ATAS DCT
2 Posts
Hello,

I have 2020 AT L1. I did just installed OEM rack and I have Givi TRK52B top case (which is monokey).

My question is does Givi M8A or M9A is perfectly compatible with Honda's OEM rack? Does it's bolts fits perfectly or not?
Hi Peyloride,

I have a 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports with a Givi Trekker topbox on a Givi rack. I believe the setup is similar for your 2020 AT in that you need to buy two components from Givi.

The rack plate is universal so any of the M5, M7, M8A, M8B, M9A or M9B MONOKEY plates will work, but you also need to buy a bike model specific rack from Givi which attaches to the the bike and then the rack plate is bolted to it. As far as I understand the rack plate does not bolt directly to the OEM Honda rack (at least for my 2018 ATAS) as it requires more support (you can just see the support brackets in your last picture but here is a better view of it: -

I checked the Givi website and I think the part you need for your 2020 AT is : -

1179FZ SPECIFIC REAR RACK

But please confirm this before purchasing and I am sure there will be someone on forum with a 2020 AT and Givi topbox who can confirm.

Hope that helps,

Shecks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Peyloride,

I have a 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports with a Givi Trekker topbox on a Givi rack. I believe the setup is similar for your 2020 AT in that you need to buy two components from Givi.

The rack plate is universal so any of the M5, M7, M8A, M8B, M9A or M9B MONOKEY plates will work, but you also need to buy a bike model specific rack from Givi which attaches to the the bike and then the rack plate is bolted to it. As far as I understand the rack plate does not bolt directly to the OEM Honda rack (at least for my 2018 ATAS) as it requires more support (you can just see the support brackets in your last picture but here is a better view of it: -

View attachment 60370

I checked the Givi website and I think the part you need for your 2020 AT is : -

1179FZ SPECIFIC REAR RACK

But please confirm this before purchasing and I am sure there will be someone on forum with a 2020 AT and Givi topbox who can confirm.

Hope that helps,

Shecks
Hello, first of all thanks for your reply.

The problem is I already have OEM rack so I don't want to buy Givi Rack again. I'm just curious about if Givi Plate fits on OEM rack. As far as I can see you don't have experience about this kind of situation and I got it. It would be amazing if someone had similiar experience and guide me through it.

·
Registered
2018 ATAS DCT
2 Posts
Hello, first of all thanks for your reply.

The problem is I already have OEM rack so I don't want to buy Givi Rack again. I'm just curious about if Givi Plate fits on OEM rack. As far as I can see you don't have experience about this kind of situation and I got it. It would be amazing if someone had similiar experience and guide me through it.
Perhaps this might be of use? If you haven't already bought a Givi plate and you are open to an alternative, it looks like Honda offer a compatible rack plate for Givi Monokey that looks like it bolts directly to the OEM rack.

Shecks

·
Registered
CB1000R | CRF1000L
205 Posts
I got my rack from Altrider. It was drilled for Givi mounting and a Rotopax mount. The trunk mounts are not installed in this picture.

Something like this might be what you are after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For furhter reference: M8A or M9A does not fit on OEM rack. I had to get honda oem plate over oem rack. Since its already monokey plate, my trekker 52b top case fits perfectly.

Thanks to all for interest.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For furhter reference: M8A or M9A does not fit on OEM rack. I had to get honda oem plate over oem rack. Since its already monokey plate, my trekker 52b top case fits perfectly.

Thanks to all for interest.
Hi there peylorid, I have exactly the same problem.
I have the OEM Honda rack fitted to my 2020 AT1100 but as I’ve been quoted £764 (7600 Turkish lira) for the Honda aluminium 42litre top case and OEM top plate I was looking at the Givi Trekker Outback as an alternative.
Could you please confirm that the OEM plate fitted to the OEM rack will allow the use of the Givi Trekker Outback top case and post pictures if possible.
Many thanks. 👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there peylorid, I have exactly the same problem.
I have the OEM Honda rack fitted to my 2020 AT1100 but as I’ve been quoted £764 (7600 Turkish lira) for the Honda aluminium 42litre top case and OEM top plate I was looking at the Givi Trekker Outback as an alternative.
Could you please confirm that the OEM plate fitted to the OEM rack will allow the use of the Givi Trekker Outback top case and post pictures if possible.
Many thanks. 👍
Hello,

As I said in my previous post, I'm currently using OEM Rack+Plate with Givi TRK52 topcase. Since oem plate has monokey mechanism, I think you can use any of Givi Monokey cases. Here is some pictures but I don't have any close shot pictures of plate and rack.

photo_2021-02-23_23-45-12.jpg photo_2021-02-23_23-45-22.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts