Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have heard some of you mention that you have bought Honda panniers with inner bags. I have asked the Honda dealers in Australia to get them for me but it is not even listed as an option for Oz!!???

So to cut a long story short can someone overseas put me in touch with anyone that I can order these inner bags through?

Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
/hyjack

What's the deal with the DCT Barkbusters Jonathan?

//hyjack

·
Registered
170 Posts
Can anyone explain? It says set of 3 but does not include topbox. What is the third one for?

·
Registered
329 Posts
@Aus AT

How do you find the OEM panniers? Have you ridden any dirt with them yet? I love the idea of a frameless pannier system!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Aus AT

How do you find the OEM panniers? Have you ridden any dirt with them yet? I love the idea of a frameless pannier system!
I have only ridden with them once, and that was on road so off-road I'm not sure. They should be pretty good because they provide these little rubber bits that go on the pointy end of the passenger footpegs. When you locate the pannier onto this rubber bit it makes a really good fit and stops the pannier wobbling about but still leaves it with a bit of movement.

But I do like them because of the 10 second fitment:smile2:

·
Registered
329 Posts
But I do like them because of the 10 second fitment:smile2:
Maybe someone will come up with a bar to connect the back of the panniers together under the numberplate? Surely then they would be as strong as a 'normal' pannier?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe someone will come up with a bar to connect the back of the panniers together under the numberplate? Surely then they would be as strong as a 'normal' pannier?
Firstly the bar would look like "ass" and secondly the rubber grommet makes it really sturdy. For road use fantastic, off-road I don't know.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts