Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do not see anything on this site about the honda quest true adventure Namibia, 20 finalists/riders were chosen to do 2500km through the challenging Namibian desert in Africa on 20 Africa Twins.What a spectacular place, it seems to be in another world.. Just load "honda quest true adventure namibia" into you tube search engine & watch from day 1 al the videos to the end.. Definitely worth watching for those who have not seen it. Apparently not one breakdown or mechanical failure even with 50 degree Celsius heat as shown on the twins air temperature in one of the video's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

I was one of the contestants in Namibia on the Quest.

It was as epic as the videos & photos show. A real "bucket-list" trip and and an awesome experience!

Plans are already being made for the 2018 Quest; just waiting for the go-ahead from Japan.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great stuff, I feverishly followed the quest & do say I envy you guys..! I see you do not have your location set so I assume you are resident in SA?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I heard about it by accident. The marketing from Honda, whether Honda SA or the dealer network, was pretty poor. I would have liked to take part in at least the prelims.

After doing all the proper GS Challenges, not Eco Challenges, I would have loved to be a part of the process.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I came across this on Adventure Rider and thought it was absolutely fantastic, surely what the Africa Twin was built for, I have visited Namibia several times , and love the place,but always travelled in a 4x4, hopefully be a bike next time , the stuff that dreams are made of!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
So is it just a lottery or do you run qualifiers like an ISDE or other skills related tests?

Glad to hear the bikes were reliable but do you think Honda would have let it be any other way?

NC

·
Registered
134 Posts
So is it just a lottery or do you run qualifiers like an ISDE or other skills related tests?

Glad to hear the bikes were reliable but do you think Honda would have let it be any other way?

NC
I think there were qualifiers, but never heard of them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I came across this on Adventure Rider and thought it was absolutely fantastic, surely what the Africa Twin was built for, I have visited Namibia several times , and love the place,but always travelled in a 4x4, hopefully be a bike next time , the stuff that dreams are made of!!
It is a really beautiful part of the world. We are planning a short trip there in either April or May 2018. Can't wait to go again.

Reactions: ROYMACNIC
1 - 10 of 10 Posts