Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,007 Posts
Anyone have one of this or know where I can buy the connector/pins so I can make one myself, rather than shell out 40 bucks for one.

Service connector
These also work, well at least when I plugged mine in to use my OBD II reader i noticed that it also must have jumped the wire cause my dash was blinking code too..
so basically you should be able to use it with or without a scanner.
About OBD II scanners that work: ECU update..

·
Administrator
3,330 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about this one for a cheap alternative?

Rugged Roads has one, but theirs is pricey

Unfortunately, I think those are only for the CRF1000. I believe the connector has changed for the 2020 models.

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
Woah. $59.99? Is that really what they charge for shipping to Canada? It's "free" shipping in the USA. I say "free" because it's about 25¢ of materials, but it's still far cheaper than what Honda or Rugged Roads charges :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I don't know why some sellers do that, however, it is buyer beware and often for at least buyers outside the U.S.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Data Link connector under the seat is a 6-pin one. Been googling for a while, but unable to find anything remotely similar.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, it is a six pin connector. To get into diagnostic mode you need to jump the yellow and the green/blue wires. The terminals are very small, so be careful. I used a piece of parts tag wire after flattening the ends with a hammer.
Perfect! Thank you!!! Exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The Data Link connector under the seat is a 6-pin one. Been googling for a while, but unable to find anything remotely similar.
You are right, my mistake, because I bought both the 4 pin and the 6 pin to install the alarm to the rear accessory port. This one I used for the data link tool. I will post photo tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, it is a six pin connector. To get into diagnostic mode you need to jump the yellow and the green/blue wires. The terminals are very small, so be careful. I used a piece of parts tag wire after flattening the ends with a hammer. View attachment 54894
Hi new to the forum, if you installed the jumper and follow you steps, turn bike kry to on, the kill switch to run, how long must the bike remain on and when do you remove the jumper. Thanks
Yes, it is a six pin connector. To get into diagnostic mode you need to jump the yellow and the green/blue wires. The terminals are very small, so be careful. I used a piece of parts tag wire after flattening the ends with a hammer. View attachment 54894
What is the correct way of resetting the Engin light?
Insert the jumper, switch the key to on, switch the kill switch to run and then......?

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
Hi new to the forum, if you installed the jumper and follow you steps, turn bike kry to on, the kill switch to run, how long must the bike remain on and when do you remove the jumper. Thanks

What is the correct way of resetting the Engin light?
Insert the jumper, switch the key to on, switch the kill switch to run and then......?
Hello @Skyfies - welcome to the Forum.

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts