Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my panniers in April 2017 and have just removed the aluminium panels for painting. Underneath I found this label - I can't imagine it's a sell-by date :smile2:
Mike

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There’s just 4 self tappers in each one. Going to spray them with steel wheels to try and prevent corrosion

·
Registered
109 Posts
There’s just 4 self tappers in each one. Going to spray them with steel wheels to try and prevent corrosion
Oh ok I thought I read somewhere that someone removed all 4 screws but still couldn't get them off. I was inquiring because I kinda want to paint mine black. Silver sticks out to much for my taste.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok I thought I read somewhere that someone removed all 4 screws but still couldn't get them off. I was inquiring because I kinda want to paint mine black. Silver sticks out to much for my taste.
Once the screws are out it's reasonably simple to prise the edges of the panel out of the grooves with a flat bladed screwdriver starting at one end. However, I am slightly nervous about getting them back into that groove after a layer of paint is on them because they are a tight fit without any coating. We will see.
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts