Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to this ADV thing, never rode a motorcycle in my life. I think it's the mid life crisis thing kicking in. I just have a few questions for the AT especially around HK where I just relocated to. Hopefully there are some HK forum members here.

1) Does anyone know if the AT is available in HK? I tried Googling and couldn't find anything.
2) If it is available in HK, can I ride into China?
3) I've been riding road bikes and I'm comfortable only putting one foot on the ground with the bike tilted toward that foot planted - I'm 5'5". With the AT, since I'm a new motorcycle rider. I think I would like to put two feet on the ground at first. Do you think by lowering the seat it will help? About 30" inseam.

Thanks in advance and hope to join the AT owner club soon. I've been losing sleep every night just staring at pics and videos.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi all,

New to this ADV thing, never rode a motorcycle in my life. I think it's the mid life crisis thing kicking in. I just have a few questions for the AT especially around HK where I just relocated to. Hopefully there are some HK forum members here.

1) Does anyone know if the AT is available in HK? I tried Googling and couldn't find anything.
2) If it is available in HK, can I ride into China?
3) I've been riding road bikes and I'm comfortable only putting one foot on the ground with the bike tilted toward that foot planted - I'm 5'5". With the AT, since I'm a new motorcycle rider. I think I would like to put two feet on the ground at first. Do you think by lowering the seat it will help? About 30" inseam.

Thanks in advance and hope to join the AT owner club soon. I've been losing sleep every night just staring at pics and videos.
I don't know about availability in HK, or whether or not you can ride into China.
I have a 29" inseam and installing the optional low seat made a big difference. Put the low seat on the lower position and drop the forks in the triple clamps by 10 mm and you should be able to flat foot on both sides.
I come from a hard core MX and road racing background so riding on hard seats is nothing new to me.
When I first rode my A/T with the standard seat, I thought it was nice to finally ride around sitting on a sofa.?However, installing the low seat has taken me back to sitting on a plank. Once again, nothing new to me but my past riding experiences have never required enduring the hard seating surfaces more than a couple of hours at a time.
Good luck with working your way thru the middle age crisis, and hope to read about your China excursions on this board.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts