Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a suggestion for a horn to replace the anemic POS that mother Honda put on our bikes? Clearly, with the mounting location it will have to be waterproof and compact.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anybody have a suggestion for a horn to replace the anemic POS that mother Honda put on our bikes? Clearly, with the mounting location it will have to be waterproof and compact.

How big is the horn on BMW motorcycles? I have heard them on the BMW motorcycles my friends ride and they are definitely not anemic. I just haven't seen them to know if one would fit up front on the Africa Twin or any other motorcycle I have owned.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've installed a Fiamm AM80S/L, direct replacement for the OEM, provide some useful sound when needed!
I would say that the Denali Soundbomb mini is exactly the same, just rebranded for Denali.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Denali Sound bomb (the big one). Denali make a bracket for the AT which mounts the horn on the RH side of the engine - very neat.

·
Registered
771 Posts
My last bike I put a small air horn on :) it was loud, but then ppl still would not really notice me cause the we’re looking for a truck and didn’t think that noise came from a bike...
Haven’t swapped out the stock Vispa horn yet on the AT, been thinking about the Denali tho...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, while I do not have db readings on the comparison, I found that the PIAA horns referenced above we audibly/anecdotally much louder than the Soundbomb Mini, and at 39mm thick was substantially less obtrusive. If any of you should choose to use these they fit best with the 400Hz on the Port side of the bike. I used a piece of aluminum strap/bar bolted between the two radiator mount bolts. on the Starboard side. Good clearance at full lock and with the forks at full compression there should be about 2" of clearance to the fenders. The two horns are louder than most cars and trucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure if you have ever been close to a Gold Wing (2014 or later) to hear the horn being used, if you can put a pair of them on you will definitely be heard. 56$ each for high and low tone from Bike Bandit

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Deneli mini no better than stock.dont waste your money.the bigger deneli is the one to get but to complicated for me to put on and probably cost arm and leg to get dealer to fit 😳

·
Read Only
20 Posts
Deneli mini no better than stock.dont waste your money.the bigger deneli is the one to get but to complicated for me to put on and probably cost arm and leg to get dealer to fit 😳

Must of got a duff one then, big improvement on mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts