Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a stock cam, then going to have it reground for a wee more lift and duration.
New pistons with a full point of compression higher and a mil or two larger diameter. Ti valve springs and 5 angle valve grind. Con rods should handle the slightly higher loads with no prob. SCP ti exhaust and twin-air filters topped off by PC5 with auto tune.
Lower 3 inches with Soupy's kit and add Hypertech spring kit and 17" slick shod Alpina and hit the canyons for some tire smoking full lock 3rd gear corner wheelying Ninja hunting.
Who's with me?

·
Registered
725 Posts
How do you get more valve lift by regrinding a stock cam? Longer stem valves?
What are you doing to regain the surface hardness after the grinding?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you get more valve lift by regrinding a stock cam? Longer stem valves?
What are you doing to regain the surface hardness after the grinding?
Good questions. To get more lift and duration you remove material from the base circle. For less you remove it from the lobe nose. Not looking for a radical profile, just a little better lung full for the hi-comps to mash. If the OEM cam is a good hard core to begin with, a ltitle material removed shouldn't cause a prob.I hope.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My selling dealer (Abernathy's Honda, Union City TN) told me Honda has big plans for this engine. Besides going into their side by side utility machines, it is easily modified for considerably more output.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts