Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

How Far Will You Ride Your Africa Twin in a Day?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 11 9.3%

Votes: 12 10.2%

Votes: 11 9.3%

Votes: 9 7.6%

Votes: 13 11.0%

Votes: 9 7.6%

Votes: 51 43.2%

• Total voters
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Seat Concepts seat plus the sheepskin and gas up the rear tank, good for 410 to 450 km stint in the saddle, 10hour days are no issue, just depends how fast you want to go and type of roads.
I have never seen a tank like that. Does it feed into the tank or do you have to fill it?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have never seen a tank like that. Does it feed into the tank or do you have to fill it?

It is an Acerbis tank that can be used on any bike (less than $100US on ebay), it has 6 screws on the base to attach to the rear rack. I have it connected into the main tank via the main tank breather pipe, you then remove the vent from the main tank filler cap. You fuel up the main tank then this extra 6L tank and ride. It pulls the fuel out of this tank first then out of the main tank.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It is an Acerbis tank that can be used on any bike (less than $100US on ebay), it has 6 screws on the base to attach to the rear rack. I have it connected into the main tank via the main tank breather pipe, you then remove the vent from the main tank filler cap. You fuel up the main tank then this extra 6L tank and ride. It pulls the fuel out of this tank first then out of the main tank.
That is so cool.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not to far with tube tires. Just do not trust them. Hate the thought of a roadside repair even though I tote a spare tube, tire irons, bead breaker and rim protectors in my tail bag. My 1-800-AMA roadside assistance card which even with that I'd still not enjoy the experience while traveling on it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This weekend I rode to Tijuana from Pasadena, just to get me 6 Tacos de Carnitas.

300 miles in 6 hours. Round trip.

I used to do the same driving, but lane splitting is just waaaaaay faster. Even crossing the border back to the US took me less than 4 minutes.

Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just spent th last two days riding 1,300 miles, half on interstate and half on curvy roads. The bike is a 2018 Adventure Sports with the stock seat (changing seat soon).

Synopsis: Bike was fine, seat sucked, my butt hurt...

I am also creating a new post with more info.

Don

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have ridden 700 km in one day.
I added some highway pegs to my AT DCT and they make all the difference in the world.
Being able to switch your position while riding helps a lot to ride long distances.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Done 700ml / 1100km a few times two-up with luggage on my 2017 manual with modified front seat (London - south France, Belgrade - Athens the most notable ones).

·
Registered
167 Posts
My favorite day ride is a 400 mile loop through the Texas hill country. On my FZ-09 I had to stop twice to fill up. I've done it non stop on the ATAS - but my ass was ready to get off. I had a Corbin seat on the FZ (and I had 2 breaks, but I'm still using the stock on the ATAS. I'm doing a 1,500 mile 3 day trip with some friends next month. I'm tempted to buy a Corbin before the trip...

·
Registered
28 Posts
That really depends what type of riding your doing...

- Motorways
- Twisties
- Off-Road

Can't have the same mileage for all three... speed and fatigue levels are so different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did 1,575 in a single uninterrupted ride, albeit in 27 hours. I attempted an IronButt Bun Burner Gold which is 1,500 in 24 hours. At about 1,100 miles my fuel pump started cutting out. I was 1 hour ahead of schedule and should have made it in 23 hours. Instead, I limped along all afternoon and finally finished in 27 hours. Note: This was with a Sargeant seat. I did 1,300 miles in two days on a stock ATAS seat and said "Never Again!"...

Afterwards I took my bike to my dealer and it was fixed quickly and covered under warranty ( my dealer rocks!!! ). The problem was the tank liner coming loose and clogging the filter.

BTW, If the weather forecast supports it I will be trying for the same ride again on the way to the Barber Vintage Festival in Birminham, AL USA in October. The route will be different. This time I will go from Falls Church, VA (near Washington DC) to Tallahassee, FL to Slidell, LA to Springville, AL (North of Birmingham, AL).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Longest was 460 miles in a day, round trip back to the house. Not non-stop. It stopped being fun around 375 miles. Mix of interstate and two lane twisty highways in the Ozarks. Rode up to see my daughter in college and back in a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 76 of 76 Posts