Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on bike number 55 and my 2017 AT will be number 56.
Everything from most Japan models, Ducati, KTM ...ect. Early years was dirt and motocross.
Now mostly street and some dual purpose.
Some of my most impressive bikes
zx12r
superduke 1290r
smt 990
but my favorite all time bike was 2006 KTM SM 950. (loved the best wheelie bike on earth - for me anyway) not the most powerful but the best balance for all around use.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bout 25 bikes
My favorite prior to the AT was my new 04 RC51, (Nicky Haden edition)
Tell ya what, I am more excited about the AT than any others.
Jim

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought my AT to replace my KLR and Uylie. The KLR still lives in my garage. Great loaner for visiting or learning motorcycle friends.
Me too. The KLR is not a great performing bike in any arena but it's very purposeful in most. I bought it after realizing the small, light weight and naked Beast (1290R) was little fun because you can't ride it the way it was meant to be ridden on most streets. I put 800 miles on that 2015 Beast then sold it. Bought the KLR to hold me over until the 2017 AT hits the USA.
I like the idea of keeping the KLR for the same reason you kept yours. Not a bad idea!!

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
Holy cats! I thought I had a problem with bikes. Haha. Some of you 'long timers' have obviously been buying bikes every couple of years. Good on ya!

I've only had six bikes. Still have have three of them - one is a project, one is my mini-adventure (CRF250L) and one is my maximum-big-adventure (CRF1000L).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not a lot for 53 years of riding. Just over 20 to date. 4 in the garage and one more on order. Should have a delivery date (I hope) this week on the 17 AT.

·
Registered
148 Posts
After 50 cc's I had Yamaha YZ 80 back in the middle of 80'ies. Then, after 22 years I bought used BMW F 650 GS Dakar and started regret all these years I didn't have the bike. Two seasons, 20 kkms with the little GS, then 6 seasons, 60 kkms with the 1200 GS. In October I traded the 07' GS to Africa Twin demo bike with 4 000 km's in ODO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
PS
Great to see the AT attracts a wide age range
I didn't start road riding until 1977 (Kawasaki S!B 250) with most of the previous year spent off road on a then new 1976 Suzuki RM125S.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm riding since 16.honda 50 then a honda 175.got married at 20.out of biking for a few years because she loved me?22 years?.Then she didn't love me and uped my life insurance policy so I bought my lovely 2009 RK CLASSIC,then a honda cbf 600.sold that got a 2010 Honda Vfr 1200.sold that bought a 2012 Ultra Classic.next week will hv my HONDA AFRICAN TWIN.?So will hv 3 bikes in stable.but still hv original wife.now what I wid b curious to no.ye guys with 30/40 bikes:how many wife's hv ye gone threw???????????

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 64 Posts