Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not looking for the merits of the tire, only how long they lasted. Have a trip coming up, and want to know what to expect.
Many thanks!

12 Posts
About 500 miles. Only because it took that long for my Shinko 804/805 set to show up. I personally didn't have a problem with the stock tires on the street. I just want my AT for dirt/street. I've got about 3500 on the shinkos and I'm happy with them on and off road.

·
Registered
31 Posts
5,860 miles. Still had some left, maybe 1500 or so. Pulled them early to mount new Pirelli MT90 Scorpions for fall riding. Also because I'm on vacation and had the time and energy to mount them. Sheesh..... a big job!

·
Registered
130 Posts
7800 on the rear and 10500 front. Rear could certainly have done better but there was about 3K miles of 85mph superslab in that time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
5500 miles on the OEM. Still had tread but went from serviceable in the gravel to not-so-great on all surfaces. Reskinned with Shinko 705s and love 'em.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Not looking for the merits of the tire, only how long they lasted. Have a trip coming up, and want to know what to expect.
Many thanks!
If you are loaded on the trip and its hot I would not expect more than 7 to 8,000km. They dont wear as much when they are cold but they have little traction then as well. If you are doing high speeds with temps above 35C and heavy loads they cut out quite quickly way less than that number above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had about 18,500kms out of the original D610. That was riding it from London to Korea via Scandinavia and Russia. Almost exclusively sealed roads. Over 15,000kms was 2-up and heavily loaded. 160kmh down autobahn etc. I wouldn't say I'm super aggressive as a rider, probably not the slowest tho. Tire still on bike (it is the 2nd tire actually, first lasted 700kms and got a giant screw through it at 110kmh in England). It's pretty toasted now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tires lasted the trip, front cracks...

Tires survived the trip, one-up, travel load but no camping gear. Wore better than I expected, but I do not like the stock Dunlops much. They handle ok, but wet grip is lacking, and they don't handle tar snakes well at all.
I now have 8000 miles on them, the rear has perhaps 1000 miles left, the front 2000 maybe, but the front has cracks appearing, looks all the world like an old tire with weather-checking. Plan to replace them with Avon TrailRiders.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts