Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone worked out whether an 8 oz (small) bottle of slime is enough to do both tyres on the AT? It's not that I'm a tightwad and can't afford the bigger bottle, just that I don't want to put too much in
Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
Put one in each tire then take off the tires and throw them away because slime is crap.
This is true! i don't use it myself. A mate used it and when he got a puncture it was a messy job fixing it. I would just change the tube when i get a flat.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I accept that there are mixed opinions on whether slime works, but as stated above for me it did. I just want to make sure I put enough in but not too much. Dibbs - I was thinking that although the tyres are large diameter they are pretty skinny compared with other motorcycle tyres
Mike

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've decided to use their recommendations for the dirt bike range, which is one small 8 ounce pack for the whole bike. I know our tyres are a bit bigger than a pure dirt bike but the difference isn't huge. And I will put 1/3 of the bottle in the front and 2/3 in the rear. Just have to cross my fingers that it doesn;t gum up my tyre pressure indicators.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts