Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can probably live with the soft front end on my bike but really think I need a stiffer setup in the rear. I would say a rear coil that is 10% to 15% stiffer than stock which will likely require a valving change as well. Given that the two together will likely cost $400, I may just buy a whole new rear shock absorber but don't know how stiff a coil I need since I don't know if the stocker is a 9.0kg/mm, 9.5kg/mm, 10kg/mm, 10.5 kg/mm etc.

Anyone know for certain?

NC

·
Registered
770 Posts
I’d say; decide on the shock you want then email the manufacturer with the normal load weight and expected max weight ( with panniers and luggage extra passenger) and your riding style, like, a grandma or motocross or something in between. They designed them, they can tell you exactly what one would be best for you, much better than someone tinkering around in his/her garage...
I know that wasn’t your original question but jus throwing that out there, they would know just what the stock one is too and give the best advice for the cash you are about to drop...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I wouldn't. Know what the stock spring rate is and decide if you want softer or stiffer. Then, see what you can get with the replacement shock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts