Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As the title suggests, I am wondering if anybody has any experience changing the coolant, I looked at the owners manual and it says that it should not be attempted unless trained. This seemed a bit extreme for a coolant change, and I am not in a place where I could take it to someone who is. What I assume is the drain bolt for it, on again what I assume is the underside of the water pump is not in a particularly easy to access spot and seems to require the removal of part of the frame.

Any help would be most appreciated

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just went through the entire manual and can't see the coolant drain bolt anywhere in it's diagrams. It's mentioned but does not show you where it is. :surprise: I suspect that bolt on the lowerside of the water pump is it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another coolant question: does anybody know what the composition is of the "Stock" coolant that comes in a 2019 ATAS? Is it a 50/50 mix like the Honda HP that is shown as a replacement? I have a new bike and live in a cold climate with an unheated garage, wanted to make sure my bike is protected.

Thnx

·
Registered
102 Posts
Incidentally, I was looking at it only yesterday as my CRF will be 3 years old in February and I will need to change the coolant. I was surprised to read in the workshop manual that in order to remove and empty the reserve tank one needs to remove the real wheel and shock absorber!! Of course I am not going to do that, removing the coolant from the reserve tank can be simply done with a syringe pump, no need to rinse its inside as the manual suggests.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts