Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wondering for a little while now how do I remove old fuel from the 2017 Africa Twin CRF1000L. I have tried looking around to no avail, I don't want to run that old gas through my bike. As a new Africa Twin owner, I figured I should start using this forum more as a resource.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have been wondering for a little while now how do I remove old fuel from the 2017 Africa Twin CRF1000L. I have tried looking around to no avail, I don't want to run that old gas through my bike. As a new Africa Twin owner, I figured I should start using this forum more as a resource.
I would recommend a siphon hose, preferably with a check valve on the end going into the tank to avoid getting taste of the tank contents. Siphon as much as possible from the lowest part of the tank before removing the tank from the bike. Having removed the 25 litre tank from my Triumph Trophy multiple times I found it far easier to handle the tank close to empty than when full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts