Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm considering upgrading the forks and shock springs on my DCT standard with the springs from Hyperpro. Can anyone give me an idea of of the number of hours labor that the dealer would likely bill me for? TIA

·
Registered
100 Posts
I pulled the forks out myself (very easy) and took those to the dealer. Not sure of the number of hours, but the charge to put the new springs in and change out the seals was $100 (so likely 1 to 1.5 hours of labor)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I pulled the forks out myself (very easy) and took those to the dealer. Not sure of the number of hours, but the charge to put the new springs in and change out the seals was $100 (so likely 1 to 1.5 hours of labor)
So, twoish hours to pull the forks and 1ish hours for the rest sound right?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The dealership where I worked in the 90s used to get one hour to remove/reinstall front end, and 1.5 hours per fork to rebuild. 4 hours total. Sounds like a lot of time, but it's really not so much. Rear shock is likely 1.5-2 hours for removal and replacing spring (most bikes). Excessive "farkeling" can add to the time/price (ask any Goldwing owner...).

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think it only took me about 20 minutes to pull the forks and another 20 to install them - so less than 1 hour total.
That's not what the dealer would charge you for, though. He would bill you flat rate and do another job in the free time. Makes up for those "oh-****" jobs that take twice as long as expected.:grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts