Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick trip to H e l l today, I should of got a picture before I left there was almost double the bikes parked.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AT-D: Your bike is a tough tree to see from the forest.
View attachment 55447

= = =

I don't get herd traits of being bald or having a Santa Claus beard as some sort of prerequisite to riding a hog. :rolleyes: Seems so common.

(I'll leave it at that)
LOL! Looking at the pic, I think I’m either the only one with a center stand or the only one using it....
As usual, had a fe complements on her, probably would of had more, but a lot of HD rides don’t like to admit somethings better then their HD..

·
Administrator
3,330 Posts
LOL! Looking at the pic, I think I’m either the only one with a center stand or the only one using it....
As usual, had a fe complements on her, probably would of had more, but a lot of HD rides don’t like to admit somethings better then their HD..
I found your bike in the 3rd photo, is to also in the second one? I missed it there. It's sort of like "Find Waldo." I may need a bigger screen then my phone to look at them :)

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
601 Posts
It's the bike with the green eyes.

And yes, buy a HD and your beard starts to grow faster while you watch your hair fall out. Your belly's size will begin to astonish you and you'll feel an undeniable urge to trade your Revvit riding gear for a leather vest with tassles and some chaps. It really is kinda weird.

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts

And yes, buy a HD and your beard starts to grow faster while you watch your hair fall out. Your belly's size will begin to astonish you and you'll feel an undeniable urge to trade your Revvit riding gear for a leather vest with tassles and some chaps. It really is kinda weird.

I forgot about the tassles!

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

ROFL well as of yet I’m not loosing my hair, but I do have the beard belly, and vest...
One of two requirements of the group:
1. a black leather vest for our patch (REDS).
2. attend one meet or ride a year.

I usually have either my white leather or my blue leather on when I ride, unless it’s HOT.. LOL I even stick out more when I ride with them, not only a bright white/blue/red Adventure bike but the only one without a black leather..

Disregard the bugs on the shoulder, I need to clean it from my last trip..

Reactions: Beowulf

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oops forgot the one patch everyone loves; the spider on my shoulder...

Reactions: Beowulf

·
Registered
601 Posts
So I'm curious now...what's the raison d'être for the Reds motorcycle club (gang?). Is it camaraderie? Turf control? Protection from rival clubs (gangs)?

Some background would be fun reading.

Reactions: DoubleThumper

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I'm curious now...what's the raison d'être for the Reds motorcycle club (gang?). Is it camaraderie? Turf control? Protection from rival clubs (gangs)?

Some background would be fun reading.
No MC just a GROUP, we are “patched in” invite only but not a club. We are known and allowed by the regional MC’s but no colors. A few of our group members are in MC’s but are not allowed to run their colors when riding with us.
REDS Actually stands for: Ride Every Day Safely .
Basically we are kinda like a club but without the harsh lifestyle, harsh rules, no clubhouse or colors.
We also have a couple of retired club members. Also a couple regional branches .

Reactions: DoubleThumper

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like "NOODLE".

The smiling :poop: is pretty fun too.
Noodle is my “name”
LOL I gave each of our local members one of those 💩 they all have it on their vests.
I told them when I gave it to them “ Now you can’t say I never gave you any $hit”

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found your bike in the 3rd photo, is to also in the second one? I missed it there. It's sort of like "Find Waldo." I may need a bigger screen then my phone to look at them :)
Yea she’s usually floating in a sea of Harley’s. Tho on that trip I did talk to 3 other adventure biker’s 2 KLR’s & a GS1200
A rare thing for me... Usually I’m the sole one..

·
Administrator
3,330 Posts
Yea she’s usually floating in a sea of Harley’s. Tho on that trip I did talk to 3 other adventure biker’s 2 KLR’s & a GS1200
A rare thing for me... Usually I’m the sole one..
Finding other Adventure Bike riders is never much of a problem in Colorado. They are everywhere. Kinda like Jeeps and Subarus hahaha

Colorado welcome starter kit: Contains 2 dogs, 1 Jeep, 1 ADV Bike, 1 pair of skis :)

Edit: I have thought about starting one of those "Was that you" type threads. I can't go on a ride of any length without seeing at least 1 other AT. Sometimes many. It would be interesting to know who I am seeing and if they are on this board :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
601 Posts
No MC just a GROUP, we are “patched in” invite only but not a club. We are known and allowed by the regional MC’s but no colors. A few of our group members are in MC’s but are not allowed to run their colors when riding with us.
REDS Actually stands for: Ride Every Day Safely .
Basically we are kinda like a club but without the harsh lifestyle, harsh rules, no clubhouse or colors.
We also have a couple of retired club members. Also a couple regional branches .
Ah so...a group of like-minded souls in search of a good time.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Administrator
3,330 Posts
Ah so...a group of like-minded souls in search of a good time.
My wife and I are part of one here in Colorado as well. Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Riders Club. We have a logo (my Avatar) and some logo'ed gear, but no patch and no requirements for attending any minimum number of meetings.

Minimal annual dues of $25/year that would go toward costs such as printed ride books, shwag, catered 4th of July picnic, printing costs for brochures, ride maps, etc. At its peak we had about 120 members.

Unfortunately it has really kind of declined since Sara and I stopped running it. We had to step down due to my mother's declining condition (Alzheimer's) and become more involved in her care.

And while I say that with a little bit of bias, it IS mostly true. No more printed ride books, no more schwag like shirts, sweatshirts, hats. No more mileage awards. No long tours like the ones we used to do to Canada, Nova Scotia, etc. No more website. Nobody wanted to step up to fill the void. It's changed direction to one of many Meetup Group that are pretty much all the same mold. Nothing wrong with that per se, but it used to be a touring focused club and that was what set it apart from the Meetup Groups.

But the intent was always as a means to gather, socialize, ride together, share experiences.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My wife and I are part of one here in Colorado as well. Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Riders Club. We have a logo (my Avatar) and some logo'ed gear, but no patch and no requirements for attending any minimum number of meetings.

Minimal annual dues of $25/year that would go toward costs such as printed ride books, shwag, catered 4th of July picnic, printing costs for brochures, ride maps, etc. At its peak we had about 120 members.

Unfortunately it has really kind of declined since Sara and I stopped running it. We had to step down due to my mother's declining condition (Alzheimer's) and become more involved in her care.

And while I say that with a little bit of bias, it IS mostly true. No more printed ride books, no more schwag like shirts, sweatshirts, hats. No more mileage awards. No long tours like the ones we used to do to Canada, Nova Scotia, etc. No more website. Nobody wanted to step up to fill the void. It's changed direction to one of many Meetup Group that are pretty much all the same mold. Nothing wrong with that per se, but it used to be a touring focused club and that was what set it apart from the Meetup Groups.

But the intent was always as a means to gather, socialize, ride together, share experiences.

Well that sux’s but you gotta do, what you gotta do...
You know what I say..
Life’s is like farts in the breeze, sometimes it stinks, sometimes it doesn’t, either way it passes by before you know..
We have BBQ’s (pass a plate) and meet up at local drive in dinners..
No membership fees... just those two requirements..

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Administrator
3,330 Posts
Well that sux’s but you gotta do, what you gotta do...
You know what I say..
Life’s is like farts in the breeze, sometimes it stinks, sometimes it doesn’t, either way it passes by before you know..
We have BBQ’s (pass a plate) and meet up at local drive in dinners..
No membership fees... just those two requirements..
Yeah, she raised me so you do what you need to do take care of them when the time comes :)

We do have people bring sides/deserts/salads and adult beverages. Everything else is catered or provided by the club. It's technically a "Membership Appreciation BBQ me" but it is always around the 4th of July on one side or the other. Ussually by a local BBQ place. Not sure how this year is going to go. I am not even sure the park is taking reservations for group gatherings this year due to group restrictions.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea right now we still have the restrictions on parks, lol, they keep the picnic tables up.
People are still there still using them just bring their own tables.. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

Reactions: Cuchulainn
1 - 20 of 32 Posts