Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening guys, I'm an old observer of the forum, but decided to join this noble community finally. I will try not to bore you and give this forum some of my experience and substantive knowledge. Greetings.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome Nomad.
If you have electrical wiring knowledge to share you get extra brownie points here :p

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I had never herd of the Varadero, did the US have anything similar? From a quick glance it looks very muck like our current CRF1000.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome Nomad! yeah, the Varadero looks like another sweet motorcycle/car that we never got here in the US :(
They never sold the Varadero in the US!!!? Oh wow.
Put it this way...it’s the bike you all would have had before your AT’s! Mine is 14 years old and still going strong, only selling because of new emissions rules in this silly city. Brand new v8 Range Rover, fine, old motorbike that’s never stuck in traffic and doesn’t pollute much, not good....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Despite the running time Varadero was well designed bike. A bit strange seen now, but well balanced and positioned body let the rider take the long distances without much tiring.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I had never herd of the Varadero, did the US have anything similar? From a quick glance it looks very muck like our current CRF1000.
Lots of similarities in shape but the AT is way more refined. They brought it to Canada on a whim and it didn't sell too well. It's a terrific bike if you're doing touring and some gravel. It's the same motor as the VTR1000 and RC51 just detuned. It was great fun!

Welcome to the forum!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts