Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
IMHO, buy what you are happy with.

If you want a tri colour wait, and while you are waiting save.

If you are in the northern hemisphere Winter is coming and I'm sure it isn't any different to Oz. Sales slow down, the end of the calendar/manufactured year is nearing so dealers offer discounts and 'free' extras to sweeten the deal and shift stock.

Or maybe you will be lucky and find a 12 month old tri colour like I did. The one previous owner had covered a mighty 236km, yes 236km in a year and had the dealer fit a heap of extras and upgrades from new. By my calculations, well over $2,500 worth. I was even given the factory parts such as exhaust, screen, seat, grips that were swapped out.

I bought it for $5,000 under the ticket price of a new DCT simply because it was 'used'. And at the end of the day, any bike is only new until the engine is started and it is ridden away for the first time. Something to think about.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am not crazy about red either but I bought a 2017 red one a month ago at a killer price. Glad I did and to date the color has had many positive comments towards it. I like black bikes typically and the red 2017 has a lot of blacked out items.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always hated red color on cars and bikes, but now I'm okay with that because looks like I am tired of the colors that I used to like all that time and looking for something new

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bought the red tricolor 2017, I replaced the seat with a black seat and am now trying to find a cheap black front fender. I simply couldnt find a manual AT in grey or black when I bought mine. Love the bike, but wish it was grey or black :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the tri-colors: red with it's red seat or the white with it's gold rims.
But the solid candy red with the muted graphics and mat black finishes was a no brainer decision for me.
I had to add mat black finish to the gold fork tubes to finish it out.
She's a beaut to my eye! Eye of the beholder.
My first car was a candy apple red '65 Mustang so maybe there is a pattern.
I also like the solid silver 2016 for similar reasons above.
Now if they made a yellow version, I'd run the other way.

·
Registered
399 Posts
What a strange question? How can you ask others what colour you should buy.....bit like asking who you should date or marry!
We all like different things, buy the one you like most.
BTW
I chose the red over black or white lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also was reluctant to purchase the red Tri-color, however the cost savings was such that I was able to buy all of my initial upgrades with the savings. I purchased a center stand, blackdog skid plate, radiator guard, brake reservoir guard, foot pegs, crash bars and rear rack with the savings. I hate the tri-color seat, and plan to replace it with a black Corbin low seat in the near future.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I also was reluctant to purchase the red Tri-color, however the cost savings was such that I was able to buy all of my initial upgrades with the savings. I purchased a center stand, blackdog skid plate, radiator guard, brake reservoir guard, foot pegs, crash bars and rear rack with the savings. I hate the tri-color seat, and plan to replace it with a black Corbin low seat in the near future.

I went with a tall Rally seat concepts seat (black). The stock tri-color seat is horrendous...the white turns yellow by looking at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
All these comments on people liking the red and bitching about the tri colours makes me happy :p I just bought a 2017 cherry red but 0 miles on it, for £9000 instead of 11,500, plus got top box, centre stand and full Givi crash bars thrown in for 500 fitted instead of 1000. Overall a £3000 saving, which from what I’ve seen, would more than cover a full oem swap to a different colour if I wanted to lol. Plus I’m hoping the red won’t be as attractive to thieves looking for parts of the tricolours haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts