Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone seen a problem with the ignition after washing their AT ?
I was putting mine back in the garage after a wash when the instruments flickered, with no key in the ignition.
After a minute or two, the instruments stayed on, headlight was on, starter button would turn over the engine, but the immobiliser stopped the bike from starting.
I had to use the kill switch to turn everything off.
Overnight the battery seems to have drained, not enough power to start the engine, but fault was still there.
Charged the battery and went for a ride to see if that would dry the bike. When I got home and removed the key, the engine continued to run. Had to use the kill switch again.
Left the bike for 10 minutes and when I returned the fault had gone.

Just concerned that the fault will return and leave me stranded somewhere at some point :-/

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The problem came back after a week, only this time the bike wouldn't start (luckily this happened at home).
Honda recovery got it running again, but then it wouldn't stop running with either the key or the kill switch, it would take both to stop the engine.
Got it back to the dealer and showed them the bike running without the key.
Honda have replaced the FI Relay and all seems good so far, fingers crossed :-D

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts