Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of town for 3 weeks for work. Rode the bike daily to work and back to the hotel without any issues. Went out Tuesday morning and my key will not go into the ignition switch. It goes in about 1/2 inch then stops. If I try to force it, whatever is stopping it will give a bit but then spring back up.
Tried for some time but still won't go in. Luckily I had access to a trailer to get it home. Tried my spare key with the same result. Sprayed some lube in it thinking maybe sticky tumblers. Nope, same result.
Anyone have this problem? What was the fix? Hoping I don't have to trailer it back to the dealer, that's a 4 hour trip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
New issue to me. Let us know what you learn/have to fix or whatever. THIS could be a major issue if on a trip etc.; sounds like a real hassle in your circumstances as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Been out of town for 3 weeks for work. Rode the bike daily to work and back to the hotel without any issues. Went out Tuesday morning and my key will not go into the ignition switch. It goes in about 1/2 inch then stops. If I try to force it, whatever is stopping it will give a bit but then spring back up.
Tried for some time but still won't go in. Luckily I had access to a trailer to get it home. Tried my spare key with the same result. Sprayed some lube in it thinking maybe sticky tumblers. Nope, same result.
Anyone have this problem? What was the fix? Hoping I don't have to trailer it back to the dealer, that's a 4 hour trip.
Try spraying some contact cleaner first. If you manage to get it unlocked then spray some dry lube in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts