Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used the included JIS screwdriver to try remove the two screws that hold right-side switch housing to handlebar and the factory screws were too tight for the included screwdriver such that it destroyed the plastic handle with metal insert that holds the double-sided insert of tool in place. This thing has no right to be in your toolkit.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
More depressing evidence that Honda have cut way too many corners with the AT, ... Why ? When they are up against the likes of KTM and BMW ?
I'm very thankful for the two year warranty...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had to take a business class that was based on the Japanese model used by Toyota and Honda. Constructive criticism is considered "gifting". I think you should "gift" that piece of junk right back to the Honda CEO.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I remember the old days when BMW had a really first class tool kit standard on their bikes. There was good reason for that. Back then riders had to work on their bikes, a lot of the time beside the road. If modern bikes get worked on it's usually in a shop. The tool kits that come on bikes now are for tightening up stuff that vibrated loose, not serious work. And most riders now don't know one end of a screwdriver from the other. Owners that actually work on their vehicles are a very small minority. I have a friend who used to rent motorcycles and he always took the tool kits out. He said he found that renters would either steal the tools and hope he didn't notice or screw something up that cost more to fix than the rental. My main tool kit is a fully charged cell phone and an un-maxed out credit card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts