Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it looks dorky, but I'm saving up for hard cases and already had the Givi box. I'll be getting comfortable on the pavement for a while, so I'm not worried about it

Just finished up:

SW-Motech Crashbars
SW-Motech Center Stand
R & G front fork sliders
Oxford Heated Grips
Barkbusters
Givi rear plate and topbox (with brake light)
PC-8 wiring panel
Tire patch kit

Now I just need to save up for a skidplate, rear racks, foot pegs, and some pannier boxes.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks great. I have the same Givi v47 top box, I don't think it looks dorky at all and goes nicely with my red and black AT. And just so practical for commuting. I have the R&G sliders too, think they're a great idea to protect the fork and brakes.

What brake light did you install in the top box and did you wire to the PC-8 or did you get the eastern beaver rear light splitter kit so it will brighten when you brake?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using the Givi brake light kit and installed the Eastern Beaver tail-light splitter. It made for a really clean wiring.

When I upgrade to a more durable top-box, I'll probably wire in some kind of additional brake light as well. Seems like with a top-box, the stock taillight could be obscured a bit from the perspective of a big truck.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks, I like the sound of that and will think about it.

Rear does need a bit more light. I think Denali make a brake light for the number plate, but it's expensive

As for the truck... if a truck is that close that the top box is covering the light, he's either already crashed or you should be gunning it out of there!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts