Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the initial bluetooth pairing of an iPhone and a Cardo packtalk unit.
I apologise in advance if this is on another thread somewhere but I can't find it.

Obviously the phone and Cardo unit are already paired and the first step is to pair the phone with the multi information display. Once that is done pair the Cardo unit with the display using the Headset Pairing option.

So here is the question, should I use the channel 2 pairing on the Cardo unit, OR should I scroll the wheel to activate GPS pairing on channel 2?

·
Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
173 Posts
i think this depends on the GPS type and Brand
On a TomTom Rider you have to do the parring from the Cardo on cannel 2 and not from the GPS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think this depends on the GPS type and Brand
On a TomTom Rider you have to do the parring from the Cardo on cannel 2 and not from the GPS
I’m not pairing a GPS. I want the correct way to pair with the display.

·
Registered
252 Posts
First step: DO NOT PAIR THE iPHONE via bluetooth to either the Cardo or the Display Unit. If you already have them paired, delete all existing connections.

Pair the Cardo to the Display Unit via Bluetooth (Phone pairing mode).

Connect the iPhone to the USB port on the bike via lightning cable.

Enjoy Carplay!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Africa Twin crf1100 ES adventure sport.
19 Posts
First step: DO NOT PAIR THE iPHONE via bluetooth to either the Cardo or the Display Unit. If you already have them paired, delete all existing connections.

Pair the Cardo to the Display Unit via Bluetooth (Phone pairing mode).

Connect the iPhone to the USB port on the bike via lightning cable.

Enjoy Carplay!

Hi Saxt_tengu, thanks for your nice and simple explanation for pairing the PACKTALK... I have one issue that has come to light since trying your method that works BUT now I cannot use the Cardo app without pairing the iphone to the headset ??? I use the app quite alot for adding riders to the group and switching between DMS and bluetooth to bring Sena users into to the group I just find it so easy, so is there anyway to over come the problem ??? Thanks again

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Saxt_tengu, thanks for your nice and simple explanation for pairing the PACKTALK... I have one issue that has come to light since trying your method that works BUT now I cannot use the Cardo app without pairing the iphone to the headset ??? I use the app quite alot for adding riders to the group and switching between DMS and bluetooth to bring Sena users into to the group I just find it so easy, so is there anyway to over come the problem ??? Thanks again
Unfortunately no! I have the same issue with my Sena 50s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts