Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The risers went on easy then went for a ride to get the adjustments correct. Clutch cable fouls the ignition when you try to lock it but the cable can be pushed out of the way easy enough. I can live with that. The center stand was a problem. The springs!!! the first spring went on hard enough but the first spring is sort of in the way of the second spring, making even harder to get on. Then I hit on an idea for the second spring. I put the bike on the el-cheapo Harbor Freight ATV lift and rotated the stand down to about 45 deg. I then used a large pair of channel lock pliers to get the second spring on. I positioned the lower jaw just below the hook point on the stand and the tip of the spring hook on the upper jaw. I then squeezed the pliers together and it brought the spring hook right up to the hook point on the stand. I then rotated the pliers down and the spring popped on perfectly. It failed on the first try but that schooled me on how to better position the pliers and it worked perfect on the second try.

The stand is easy to use and works nicely but I would like a grab handle like I have on my Kaw KLR that makes the job even easier. one like this one made for the KLR ... works beautifully.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-centerstand-lifting-handle-for-kawasaki-klr650-08-16

1 - 1 of 1 Posts