Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my Rox Speed risers.. I am really happy with the new position of the bars. I am 6foot1 and found the original height too short while standing. Now i can comfortably hold the handle bars while standing. massive difference. While sitting it has let me move forward a touch and i find it allot more comfortable. i do have long arms and legs. Next upgrade i need to lower my foot pegs as my knees are too bent. I was thinking sw Motec Evo foot rest foot pegs. has anyone tried them before?
I have attached some photos .The install took me 30 min. All the cables are good. i had to pull up the right brake lever hydraulic line a little.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Automotive tire Rim Auto part Electric blue Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Gas Automotive lighting Font

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same risers, but anodized gun smoke grey and oriented 180 degrees to how you have yours.
They hydraulic line would have been super tight correct. How tall are you. Arm length.? Im just curious as the height for me is perfect. im wondering if sitting allitle further back would be beneficial. Maybe i should give it a go.?
When installing i used a wrench to hold the riser straight while i torqued them to the oem handle bar risers... After install i noticed my handlebars are a few degrees to the right, while riding straight with cruise control on and no hands... Im wondering if i somehow twisted the bottom brackets. ? Or if they where slightly off from the dealer.And i just noticed now because i was looking, I dont know .
Anybody know how to straighten the forks to handlebars... ? Is there a tool to get it perfect . or do i just eyeball it... Ill check online.

·
Super Moderator
8,655 Posts
They hydraulic line would have been super tight correct. How tall are you. Arm length.? Im just curious as the height for me is perfect. im wondering if sitting allitle further back would be beneficial. Maybe i should give it a go.?
When installing i used a wrench to hold the riser straight while i torqued them to the oem handle bar risers... After install i noticed my handlebars are a few degrees to the right, while riding straight with cruise control on and no hands... Im wondering if i somehow twisted the bottom brackets. ? Or if they where slightly off from the dealer.And i just noticed now because i was looking, I dont know .
Anybody know how to straighten the forks to handlebars... ? Is there a tool to get it perfect . or do i just eyeball it... Ill check online.
The handle bars are rubber mounted. Lock the front tire against a solid structure (e.g. a pole, corner of a buiding, etc.) and push on left or right side handle bar until everything looks straight.

·
Super Moderator
8,655 Posts
Also i have a Mosko tank bag. And the handlebars do not hit the bag anymore. Do you have a tank bag? How is the clearance ?
The handle bars now hit my Kappa/Givi day tank bag. No biggie for me. The turning range is still the same, just a bit of resistance at the extreme left and right - which I do not do often, at least at speed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just installed my Rox Speed risers.. I am really happy with the new position of the bars. I am 6foot1 and found the original height too short while standing. Now i can comfortably hold the handle bars while standing. massive difference. While sitting it has let me move forward a touch and i find it allot more comfortable. i do have long arms and legs. Next upgrade i need to lower my foot pegs as my knees are too bent. I was thinking sw Motec Evo foot rest foot pegs. has anyone tried them before?
I have attached some photos .The install took me 30 min. All the cables are good. i had to pull up the right brake lever hydraulic line a little. View attachment 70977
View attachment 70975
View attachment 70976
The Mount looks solid. I installed basically the same ROX Mount except it can pivot to the front and back for reach adjustment. I’m finding I’m uncomfortable with the tightness of the front brake line down at the frame block that it attaches to, even after disengaging it from the keeper clip to let it float for free movement. It’s a pretty tight brake line at full turn to the left. Does anyone know of a 2” longer brake line that allows for the increased riser height?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Mount looks solid. I installed basically the same ROX Mount except it can pivot to the front and back for reach adjustment. I’m finding I’m uncomfortable with the tightness of the front brake line down at the frame block that it attaches to, even after disengaging it from the keeper clip to let it float for free movement. It’s a pretty tight brake line at full turn to the left. Does anyone know of a 2” longer brake line that allows for the increased riser height?
i felt the same, with front brake line. mine was completely tight. only way was to remove rubber grommet from the metal ring, but i wasn't happy with that either.
i fixed it by getting a breaker bar, and running it though the front forks and hitting the metal clamp upwards, ( its mild steel its flexible). Dont hit it hard just tap it. This gave me the easy 15mm. i then clipped the rubber grommet back in and now my break lines have enough slack which made me confident they would not get damaged. give it a try.

If it doesnt work maybe a custom brake line would be the right way to go about it. You can order custom lines made to measure online.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i felt the same, with front brake line. mine was completely tight. only way was to remove rubber grommet from the metal ring, but i wasn't happy with that either.
i fixed it by getting a breaker bar, and running it though the front forks and hitting the metal clamp upwards, ( its mild steel its flexible). Dont hit it hard just tap it. This gave me the easy 15mm. i then clipped the rubber grommet back in and now my break lines have enough slack which made me confident they would not get damaged. give it a try.

If it doesnt work maybe a custom brake line would be the right way to go about it. You can order custom lines made to measure online.
Great! I’ll try the mod you suggest. It’d be nice to keep the stock brake line. I appreciate your reply.

·
Registered
18 Posts

OK. I did a little tweaking with the grommet holding wire as well as tilted the mounts forward. The forward tending tilt of the mounts was the game changer. I completely re bent the wire that the brake line grommet fits into to keep all slack out between the banjo and this frame mounted bracket. This keeps all available slack on the movement side of the line. Thanks for the input!
Happy riding. Ride safe and ride often.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The handle bars are rubber mounted. Lock the front tire against a solid structure (e.g. a pole, corner of a buiding, etc.) and push on left or right side handle bar until everything looks straight.
It’s not the forks that are twisted so you don’t have to put the tire against anything. Just turn the bars to full lock and give them a nudge. It’s actually too easy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I bought the bike, the previous owner gave me these handlebar risers and I never tried them until recently. I like the modification because it forces my elbows to be flexible instead of almost straight. (I have it installed 180 degree of the original picture. of this posting)
Does anyone have a problem with the length of the clutch cable? In my bike was a bit tight...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I bought the bike, the previous owner gave me these handlebar risers and I never tried them until recently. I like the modification because it forces my elbows to be flexible instead of almost straight. (I have it installed 180 degree of the original picture. of this posting)
Does anyone have a problem with the length of the clutch cable? In my bike was a bit tight...
We talked about the issue it in this post, i hit the metal clip that holds the rubber grommet up slightly, it fixed it for me and gave it some room to move freely. Another member tried something similar. Just read through this post.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We talked about the issue it in this post, i hit the metal clip that holds the rubber grommet up slightly, it fixed it for me and gave it some room to move freely. Another member tried something similar. Just read through this post.
Brake line kink with handlebars at full left turn is a problem if the risers are tilted toward the rider, if completely vertical the kink eased on my setup and was best when slightly forward. This turns out to be a good position for me as when I’m standing my hands aren’t back at my legs, and when elbows are bent I’m over the handlebars enough to handle forward deceleration but not having to muscle it to stay forward when accelerating. I’m just under 6’2.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts