Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Brake line kink with handlebars at full left turn is a problem if the risers are tilted toward the rider, if completely vertical the kink eased on my setup and was best when slightly forward. This turns out to be a good position for me as when I’m standing my hands aren’t back at my legs, and when elbows are bent I’m over the handlebars enough to handle forward deceleration but not having to muscle it to stay forward when accelerating. I’m just under 6’2.
i had the same issue while standing. i like to hug the tank with my inner knees and quads, and i found that my hands where to far back. My risers fixed the height problem, i am 6'1 but i think i am going to tilt the bars forward like you said. my hands still feel allitle to far backwards. Starting to think i should have purchased the adjustable angle Rox risers.
Im sure ill get even more slack if i tilt the clutch and brake lever further down, as i normally would when riding my WR 450. More comfy when going offroad but not so much while touring. Now that would be a great idea, Adjustable rotating brake and clutch lever handles without having to untighten the bolts....:unsure:

21 - 21 of 21 Posts