Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just picked up my new 2021 AT, Australian model, The base model here does not have Heated grips
and although I waited 3 months to receive the bike there were no Honda Heated Grips available so I purchased a set of OXFORD HOTGRIPS EVO, Would anyone know if the SCS Connector mentioned in other posts be involved in activating the plug up on the headstem by chance?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Heated grips in Australia? I would thought AC maybe!
They do get snow in the mountains on the east side of the country. A young Australian lady stated the big difference between her country and Canada is when she wants to see snow she has to go to it, the snow not come to her. I could live with that quite easily. Looking out the window in February while suffering from cabin fever and parked motorcycle syndrome, I sometimes wonder why my ancestors stopped in Canada instead of continuing to Australia or New Zealand. Motion sickness on a sailing ship?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea fair call , but in the east states of NSW and VIC we have mountain ranges I like blasting around , you guys prob more used to it than us , but plenty of temps around 0 to 10 degrees celcius in winter months

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have just picked up my new 2021 AT, Australian model, The base model here does not have Heated grips
and although I waited 3 months to receive the bike there were no Honda Heated Grips available so I purchased a set of OXFORD HOTGRIPS EVO, Would anyone know if the SCS Connector mentioned in other posts be involved in activating the plug up on the headstem by chance?
Are you looking to somehow splice the Oxford grips into the factory wiring and control with the Function switch on the handlebars rather than the Oxford controller? I’m interested in doing this, I don’t see why it shouldn’t work. It just depends if the current draw on the Oxford grips if comparable to the OEM grips. I’m tempted to give it a go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the oxford controller as the function key does not offer the heated grips option, I assume there is a way to have this activated but I think ill just source power and use the Oxford controller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts