Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to install the Rostra CC on my 2017 AT DCT. I would appreciate any guidance from someone that has done this install.

Things I am most concerned about are:
Where do you pick up the speed sensor? Is there a wire I can splice into and if so where is it located? or do I need to get the optional magnetic pickup they sell and where is the best place to mount it?

Where can I get a wiring diagram that I can actually use? Found one online, but it is way too dense for my ol' eyes to read.

I have already installed the Eastern Beaver connectors for the front accessory wiring and the under-seat wiring. So, I have access to switched power, brake lights, etc.

Is there a special/best place to mount the servo?

Thanks in advance, Bud...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm getting ready to install the Rostra CC on my 2017 AT DCT. I would appreciate any guidance from someone that has done this install.

Things I am most concerned about are:
Where do you pick up the speed sensor? Is there a wire I can splice into and if so where is it located? or do I need to get the optional magnetic pickup they sell and where is the best place to mount it?

Where can I get a wiring diagram that I can actually use? Found one online, but it is way too dense for my ol' eyes to read.

I have already installed the Eastern Beaver connectors for the front accessory wiring and the under-seat wiring. So, I have access to switched power, brake lights, etc.

Is there a special/best place to mount the servo?

Thanks in advance, Bud...

Splice for the speed signal to pink wire on speedometer connector.

I've done Rostra on BMW R 1200 GS. Maybe you could use the R 1200 RT cable interface box for connecting the throttle cabels. Used ones are cheap on www.motorworks.co.uk
BMW part #32737672850

Don't buy the Rostra switch. Cut the Rostra cable harness and build your own and use for example Trailtech switches. https://advrider.com/f/threads/electronic-cruise-control-installed-gs.845862/page-9#post-30234975

I sent you a PM, contact me by email so I can send you a McCruise installation instructions, they will help with Rostra installation too...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you say you were successful with a Rosta unit install? Any help would be great, I have installed about a half doz or so on Honda VTX's and now want (NEED!) one on my 2016 CRF1000DCT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any luck getting it installed. That is my winter project here. Just getting ready to start and I to would like to know if you found a place to put the servol module?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any luck getting it installed. That is my winter project here. Just getting ready to start and I to would like to know if you found a place to put the servol module?
I got it to work on mine. Had to fabricate a throttle linkage bracket. And then I had to build frequency divider for the vehicle speed input. The stock output from the bike is to high for the speed control to handle. After I built it, I found they sell them online for $50.00. Not guaranteeing there's will work. I know the one I built did. I had to mount the control module on the outside of the bike. I have a rack on the back of the bike were the upper-case mounts. I mounted it under there. So far, it’s working great. Will be good for the long slab rides between adventure rides.🏍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts