Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m still looking for the installation instructions for this Deflctor kit.

Ive managed to work out the top one, they are just stick on and i know where they go now.

But the lower ones have some mounting lugs that clearly need you to drill the lower fairing plastics.

I read somewhere that when you remove the plastics ( which i have now done many times) there are moulded marking points for where to drill the holes, can anyone confirm this please?

I also know the lower ones fit around the cowling outlet for the radiator, they fit in a North South orientation.

·
Registered
325 Posts

Attachments

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,976 Posts
BTW definitely take off the faring’s to put those on, there are marks already on the the back of the faring exactly where to drill for those rubber stoppers on the bottom of them..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Tape front side put on wood block, use a small punch and hammer to lightly mark where to drill and bit will not walk. It's just plastic.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I didn't mean it would walk when you started the hole, I meant it could walk as it cut through. The edge of the flute will dig in and take the bit sideways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts