Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I am new Africa Twin owner that I received on Tuesday. I need to remove a Touratec Sat Nav mount and the associated wiring loom which runs behind the instrument cluster. The mount is easy to remove but I am not sure how to remove the instrument cluster so that I can get to the wiring loom for the sat nav. If anyone has experience of this procedure I would appreciate some guidance.
Many thanks
Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
HI I am new Africa Twin owner that I received on Tuesday. I need to remove a Touratec Sat Nav mount and the associated wiring loom which runs behind the instrument cluster. The mount is easy to remove but I am not sure how to remove the instrument cluster so that I can get to the wiring loom for the sat nav. If anyone has experience of this procedure I would appreciate some guidance.
Many thanks
Peter
Hi Peter,

You actually do not need to remove the instrument cluster. But, there are a lot of things you need to remove to get to the connections that lay behind the cluster. There is situated an accessories connector from which the previous owner must have taken juice for the Sat Nav.

You need to remove the side panels, the head lights cover and some other panels in between. Check the bellow video, it will be helpfull for you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes I had to remove all of that to get to the OEM power socket access plug-in when I installed the socket on my bike. Not to terrible a job but do be careful in which direction you pull on the side panels to release them from their rubber grommet holders. Just be patient and take your time you'll see what I am talking about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts