Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello members?️ I am picking up my Africa Twin Adventure sports on Saturday.l have had some shocking quotes as the bike is not recognised on insurance database any ideas please thanks Chris

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think insurance varies quite a bit from country to country and region to region. Here in Alberta, Canada and a middle-aged rider with years of experience, it's pretty cheap to insure for a full year about $350 with full coverage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello members?️ I am picking up my Africa Twin Adventure sports on Saturday.l have had some shocking quotes as the bike is not recognised on insurance database any ideas please thanks Chris
Did you just simply try Honda CRF1000L? Worth a shot.
I think insurance varies quite a bit from country to country and region to region. Here in Alberta, Canada and a middle-aged rider with years of experience, it's pretty cheap to insure for a full year about $350 with full coverage.
Thanks for your reply’s I found the AA ?really cheap ?️I have 0 no claims £613.00 and the only company to recognise ATAS?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here in VA, USA... 57 year old rider, clean record - for 2018 ATAS: All the requisite liability stuff and full collision coverage ($500 deductible) -- $179/ yr.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Gary

Reactions: MrRobb

·
Registered
173 Posts
Down in Fl here its nice . If you can pay cash for your bike ,no lien, PIP ins is all you need. My full dresser Harley is $5/month or $60 a year. My AT that I pick up Sunday , should be about the same. 10 yrs been here and can't tell you how much I've saved. I'm not one of those people that need "piece of mind".

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
Down in Fl here its nice . If you can pay cash for your bike ,no lien, PIP ins is all you need.... I'm not one of those people that need "piece of mind".
I'm pretty sure VA is the same way. Paid cash for my bike too, but I'm happy to pay the $179 yearly for the peace of mind - I am one of those guys, can't deny it. :smile2:

If I have to lay her down hard, it won't hurt so much. But God forbid... more worried about my bones than the bike at this stage of my life.

Gary

·
Registered
122 Posts
52 yrs old in texas clean record. With progressive i have 2harleys the twin, yamaha rhino and a polaris rzr full coverage on all 506$ a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm pretty sure VA is the same way. Paid cash for my bike too, but I'm happy to pay the $179 yearly for the peace of mind - I am one of those guys, can't deny it. :smile2:

If I have to lay her down hard, it won't hurt so much. But God forbid... more worried about my bones than the bike at this stage of my life.

Gary

Lol I hear ya. I got the VA for that ;-)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mine was under $150 a year from Dairyland insurance

Mine was under $150 a year for full coverage from Dairyland insurance - 2018 ATAS.

They list it as CRF1000
1-800-334-0090

·
Registered
6 Posts
Down in Fl here its nice . If you can pay cash for your bike ,no lien, PIP ins is all you need. My full dresser Harley is $5/month or $60 a year. My AT that I pick up Sunday , should be about the same. 10 yrs been here and can't tell you how much I've saved. I'm not one of those people that need "piece of mind".

You are mistaken. Cannot get PIP on a motorcycle in FL. Insurance is not required by the state of FL on a moto.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You are mistaken. Cannot get PIP on a motorcycle in FL. Insurance is not required by the state of FL on a moto.
I have PIP, State Farm, Florida. Its $5 a month on a 2006 Heritage Softail. When police stop you , PIP is the bare minimum required in any state. You DON'T need proof of ins when getting tags (plates), THAT'S when its not required ... but you DO NEED the bare minimum PIP when stopped by a cop. You have to ASK for just PIP or they won't even tell you about it. They push their other policies to get more $ out of you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
42 yrs old auto-owners Utah 330. a year

1 - 15 of 15 Posts