Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, i activated the fog lights in service mode, turned them on, but apparently I don’t get 12V on any of the wires. I tried connecting one fog light with no succes. Any ideas ? It’s an European 2022 model…

·
Registered
Crf1100 ATAS ES Manual
58 Posts
Hi guys, i activated the fog lights in service mode, turned them on, but apparently I don’t get 12V on any of the wires. I tried connecting one fog light with no succes. Any ideas ? It’s an European 2022 model…
Polarity correct? Or maybe like I had, activated the wrong option in service mode...

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,617 Posts
No fuse from what I can see, it looks like the wire goes right to the BCU (Body Control Unit) Might be worth checking to see if the ground wire is connected properly or alternatively seeing if you get voltage between the positive wire and the battery negative.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,617 Posts
One other thing, do you have lights connected or are you just using a voltmeter to check for voltage?
If the latter then it may be possible that the BCU needs to see a load before it will output a voltage or alternatively if not OEM lights then it may be they are drawing too much current and the BCU is not allowing them to be switched on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One other thing, do you have lights connected or are you just using a voltmeter to check for voltage?
If the latter then it may be possible that the BCU needs to see a load before it will output a voltage or alternatively if not OEM lights then it may be they are drawing too much current and the BCU is not allowing them to be switched on.
Unfortunately my fog lights didn’t arrive yet, so I have an off-road 12v led light handy and I thought I would try only one. And it didn’t work. After that I tried measuring the voltage. Do you think it may need to have a load on both sides?

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,617 Posts
I think the wiring is just parallel so shouldn't need both connected but maybe the light you have is too high a current draw. Not really sure though, I am just trying to think of reasons you have problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the wiring is just parallel so shouldn't need both connected but maybe the light you have is too high a current draw. Not really sure though, I am just trying to think of reasons you have problems.
It’s a 12v - 18w light, shouldn’t be to much at all.
I guess I should try 2 of them and see what happens.

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
390 Posts
Yes, I turned them on from FN and voltage is zero.
I do not have an AT yet. But I think that menu you show in the picture, is for the DRL, or Halo Leds.
I have read if you put them ON, they will lit always.
If put dismiss, they will be in Auto Mode.
Please confirms if this is the case.
Did you activated the Function shorting the Diagnostic connector and entering the Equipment options Menu?

21 - 40 of 76 Posts